Trip delayed

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.
Basham

Trip delayed

by Basham » Mon May 09, 2016 2:47 pm

I was supposed to hike Guadeloupe Peak and El Capitain this week. Unfortunately I strained the muscles in my back yesterday. Now I have put it off until this fall. Really sucks. I'm gonna have to stop my hiking for a while.

The following user would like to thank Basham for this post
McCannster

boyblue

Re: Trip delayed

by boyblue » Wed May 11, 2016 3:52 am

It sucks, I know...

Over the years I've gone through a couple of back injuries, a broken arm, broken ribs, broken toes, tendinitis in my knee a couple of times, and a severely strained hamstring- all of which caused both short and frustratingly long absences from the mountains and hills. Just be patient and let yourself heal. You will.

BTW, none of the above injuries were mountain or hiking related. All were incurred around the house or were work related. I feel much safer in the mountains. :)

Basham

by Basham » Wed May 11, 2016 6:58 am

boyblue wrote:I feel much safer in the mountains. :)

As do I.

Stu Brandel

by Stu Brandel » Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 am

About 10 years ago I had a massive work and stress induced back spasm a week before a long planned and anticipated Yellowstone/Grand Teton trip with my family. The frustration of being hospitalized and bed-ridden for over a week and having to cancel everything was intense. I wanted to, and did, cry. It took a while to get back to being able to walk, then hike. But as soon as that happened, we immediately took off on a celebratory and hastily planned trip to Maine. We had a blast.

Basham

by Basham » Fri May 13, 2016 2:32 am

Sure sounds like you did. The closest I've gotten to Maine was Vermont.

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)