Via Dinarica Bosnia - Montenegro

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
dsanders

Via Dinarica Bosnia - Montenegro

by dsanders » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 am

In June we are heading back for Bosnia, after a winter traverse of Bjelasnica and Prenj some years back. This time we go for summer conditions and we would like to follow the Via Dinarica from Sarajevo in Bosnia to Zabljak in Montenegro. However like last time it is difficult to find maps and figuring out a route that is minefree. Can anyone help us?
We travel in autonomy, so camp out and cook our own food.

Best wishes,

Debbie

no avatar
fornoxe

Re: Via Dinarica Bosnia - Montenegro

by fornoxe » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 am

I made via dinarica.

i used a gps with open cycle map.

It's hard to find map for hikers. When i was in sarajevo, no shop for that !

bye

Senad Rizvanovic

by Senad Rizvanovic » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 pm

dsanders wrote:In June we are heading back for Bosnia, after a winter traverse of Bjelasnica and Prenj some years back. This time we go for summer conditions and we would like to follow the Via Dinarica from Sarajevo in Bosnia to Zabljak in Montenegro. However like last time it is difficult to find maps and figuring out a route that is minefree. Can anyone help us?
We travel in autonomy, so camp out and cook our own food.

Best wishes,

Debbie

Why don't you contact one of these guys from http://viadinarica.com/and ask for maps, routes, etc
Cheers.

no avatar
dsanders

by dsanders » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:26 am

Hey, I already did contact the people behind the Via Dinarica, but I'm still waiting for the exact track. The maps I already obtained via http://www.zone-2000.net/.
@Fornoxe: do you have a gpx-file?

no avatar
dsanders

by dsanders » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Late reaction on my trip in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro. The marking is in the good way. Pictures of our 12 day hike can be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/debbekes/ ... 036383049/

Thanks to Kenan Muftic from Terra Dinarica we got some very good advice on our track. We started in the Southern part of Treskavica as north to south crossing of this range was too dangerous due to mines. We continued through Zelengora, Sutjeska and Durmitor to Zabljak. We crossed the border 'illegaly' but had no problems what so ever in the airport of Podgorica. Beautiful and green landscapes all along the way. One negative point however. There is some serious wood logging being done within the borders of Sutjeska NP, which make my eye brows raise.

Return to Europe