Gannet Peak / Grand Teton in a day

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
WyomingSummits

Gannet Peak / Grand Teton in a day

by WyomingSummits » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:30 am

So a couple of objectives I have for next summer are Gannett in a day via Tourist Creek, and Grand Teton via Owen Spalding. Car to car in a calendar day for both. Anyone interested in joining me on these?

Bark Eater

Re: Gannet Peak / Grand Teton in a day

by Bark Eater » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:47 pm

You're a better man than I. I've gotten too old and slow. You should pair up with those kids that just set the highpointing speed record. Good luck!

b.

by b. » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:46 am

I'd be in on that Gannett thing again. I've done the Exum car to car and not that excited about doing it again.

WyomingSummits

by WyomingSummits » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:22 am

b. wrote:I'd be in on that Gannett thing again. I've done the Exum car to car and not that excited about doing it again.

Cool. I've been loving the car to car trips. West Face of Gannett wouldn't be car to car, but we could do the standard couloir to ridge. On our last trip, Lemke was still wanting to do the west face....which is highly unlikely as a day trip. With technical gear, I'd like to go in for 5 days and get Bastion, Rampart, Koven and others. I'll let you know if I come up with a time. Might be late August or Early Sept to get out of storm season. Every year I've been loving the later trips.

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)