seano missing?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
brichardsson

seano missing?

by brichardsson » Sat May 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Sean O'Rourke, also known on his blog as Dr. Dirtbag has not been heard from since May 8. He posted a notice of his ascent of Lackawana Peak on his blog at that time and moved on to Buckskin but was turned back by lightning. We are fairly certain that on Tuesday May 9 Sean attempted a climb of Shoshoni and Apache Peaks from the Long Lake Trailhead They received heavy snow in that area Wednesday and Thursday.

Road 72 is plowed and open. Its about 5 miles from there to the Long Lake Trailhead, but this time of year the trailhead road is closed 2 miles below the trailhead. So, its about 3 miles from pavement to where Sean would have parked. It would be ski-able to get into where he might have parked.

Sean’s car is a dark green Honda Element with New Mexico license 705TKL.
Boulder County Sheriff’s Office has been notified and given this information, but they seem understaffed and overwhelmed by incidents related to the late spring snow storm.

Sean's parents can be reached by email at cfddor@swcp.com

/courtesy 14ers and mountainproject
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

The following user would like to thank brichardsson for this post
Cy Kaicener

ScottHanson

Re: seano missing?

by ScottHanson » Sun May 21, 2017 3:25 am

I hope we hear from Seano soon. I met him a couple of times at Sierra Challenge over the years. Incredible athlete! I purchased his Sierra mountain climbing book a few months ago. Sending best wishes to your way, Sean.
Scott

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Sun May 21, 2017 6:00 am

Puma concolor wrote:His SP profile indicates that he (or someone with access to his account) was active today.

Also, the Mountain Project thread was deleted and the 14ers thread was edited to remove all information. A user on 14ers also stated his account was active there today as well.

when this was first posted, he had not logged in here or 14ers. now, however, the other two posts have been scrubbed.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Sun May 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Hopefully he was not swallowed by a crevasse, he is (hopefully not was) rather cavalier about the risks associated with glacier travel.

seano

by seano » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Yeah, I'm doing fine -- thanks for your concern. Got snowed into my car for a few days, though, thanks to my own stupidity.

The following user would like to thank seano for this post
DukeJH, hightinerary, Jesus Malverde, John Duffield, Josh Lewis, McCannster, ZeeJay

Matt Lemke

by Matt Lemke » Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 am

I am a little surprised you've been hanging around Colorado this spring! Haven't you done all those peaks before Sean?

seano

by seano » Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Not quite all of them. It's not ideal, but it happens to fit into my schedule. I'll be headed up to virgin territory in Canadia as soon as conditions are reasonable without skis.

Return to General