Votes vs Hits

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Noondueler

Votes vs Hits

by Noondueler » Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Just wondering why so few people seem to vote on submissions lately. I have pages that have lots of hits but few votes. When observing the recognition of any page I take that measure more from the hits than the votes. This give the sense that voting tends to be an exclusive club on SP that some of us enjoy sharing. To others it doesn't much matter long as the beta on the page is true.

ChrisJahn

Re: Votes vs Hits

by ChrisJahn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:09 am

10/10

silversummit

by silversummit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:14 am

Interestingly enough Windsor, I noticed the same trend myself recently. Until a few days ago my time on SP was extremely limited so I would only visit about once a month but for several hours at a time. Since sometime this winter I have seen the same thing. People aren't voting in the numbers like they did a year ago. I'm not sure why but perhaps it's fallout from all of the big discussions on voting systems....

Think I'll go vote on something... :D

nickmech

by nickmech » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:28 am

I never vote.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:52 am

I've been looking at pages less these days except for trip reports which I look after for quality assurance and featuring purposes. Regarding hits, consider that many of them come from non members via search engines. I really need to buckle down and help Matt with implementing "easy vote" for photos which would certainly encourage more voting on beta photos.

Return to General