Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Whitney Permit exchange

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Whitney Permit exchange

Postby 395guy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm

This is a long shot, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.

I applied for an overnight permit for Whitney and got one (after being rejected the last 2 years). After we applied, our family ended up with an unchangeable scheduling conflict on the days for which we got a Whitney permit (Thurs-Fri, July 28-29). It's a permit for 4 people.

Is there anyone who received an overnight Whitney permit for 4 (or even 2?) who would be interested in swapping dates for the dates I have?

Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't get a permit who would like it, but I'd prefer to swap dates. I would do this officially through the Whitney permit office.

Happy hiking, everyone.
395guy

Re: Whitney Permit exchange

Postby cyrusebrahimi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 am

I'm also looking to exchange a 4 person permit for the dates 6/10-6/12 for 4 people. The dates we can't make it are 5/14, 6/12, 7/31, 8/20 and 8/3. Preferably we'd like to have the dates fall on a weekend.

395 guy, I will ask the rest of the people in my party to see whether they would be able to make it for July 28-July 29. Let me know if the dates I have would work for you.
cyrusebrahimi

Postby 395guy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:09 am

cyrusebrahimi:

Those dates don't work for me so I wouldn't be able to do that. My apologies.

Btw, I should clarify, I know Whitney permits are not transferrable. I'm simply wanting to pre-arrange with another party to simultaneously cancel permits and then we'd take each others vacancy.
395guy

Postby ScottyP » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Got one for three on 10/6-10/8 Can you say LATE SEASON!
ScottyP

Return to California