Viewing: 1-3 of 3
visentin

visentin - Jan 30, 2012 5:46 am - Voted 10/10

A lovely peak

What a nice surprise to see this beautiful and easy mountain that we climbed already 10 years ago. A wonderful panorama and beautiful and varied hike to get there. Thanks for advertising it on SP !
I added few pics unfortunately most of them of poor quality.

Just couple of corrections: you left Céciré in the panorama's legend, and concerning Tracens, I'm not sure if it's not a neighbouring top instead of an old name.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jan 30, 2012 11:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A lovely peak

Thanks, I'll change the caption. As for Tracens - that's what the Ollivier Guidebook says about Madamete. Since it doesn't say much more I think it must be correct :-)

visentin

visentin - Jan 30, 2012 3:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: A lovely peak

The IGN 1/25 map shows Pic de Tracens, 2551, about 1km north from Madamete. This drew my attention because I once also did the hike that makes the loop in the north valley from Barege, the "tour du pic de Tracens".
Both can be the truth anyway, Ollivier is a sure source and IGN maps do have mistakes from time to time. IGN having the monopoly of french maps, IGN mistakes tend sometimes to become the new standard...

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Pic de Madamète' main page