Pilot Peak Comments

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice page. Why the word "The" in the title?
Posted Oct 3, 2004 2:11 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Great photos that convey the sense of space around this peak used by Captain Fremont. PS Fremont Pk. the third highest spot in Wyoming a mere 25 feet lower than the Grand Teton still lacks a page!

Good info- a good one to climb on your trip cross country.

Taller Pilot Peak?
Posted Oct 3, 2004 2:13 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice job! Looks like an interesting peak! Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Oct 3, 2004 10:51 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Nice Job!
Posted Oct 4, 2004 5:06 am

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Nicely done.
Posted Oct 4, 2004 10:40 am

DeanUntitled Comment

This is a great addition and sorely needed.

Thanks for posting this one.
Posted Oct 8, 2004 1:39 pm

JonodoUntitled Comment

Jonodo

Nice Page. I love getting the history along side the practical info. Thanks!
Posted Dec 19, 2004 11:43 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for your vote. The credit for the history goes to the guy who put this page up originally, Rik Dunham (Grandwazoo). He transferred the page to me recently when lightening his load a bit here at SP.

BTW, I see that you have some neat peaks in your sights for 2005. I had the opportunity to do Granite Chief, Mt. Lola, Freel Peak and Mt. Rose in the Tahoe area this past summer. Great stuff. I did Freel from the south side and it was a nice way to go. I'd also include Job and Job's Sister on the same trip if I was to do it again but I was pressed for time.

When you do Mt. Lola, consider doing North Lola as well. There is a register and it is an easy mile from Lola. Merry Christmas and have a great 2005
Posted Dec 19, 2004 12:06 pm

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Tacoma Hopeful, I was bored yesterday and started reviewing some of your great stuff. I think I earned a couple of points for voting.
Posted Dec 23, 2004 12:42 pm

Bill_WUntitled Comment

Bill_W

I can relate to any peak named "pilot" : )
Posted Dec 24, 2004 9:13 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Bill. Your vote is appreciated.
Posted Mar 14, 2005 10:37 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you.
Posted Mar 14, 2005 10:38 am

CornvallisUntitled Comment

Cornvallis

No summit log on this one?
Posted Mar 17, 2005 11:58 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

No summit log since this one was just kind of 'given' to me. I had contacted the original submitter prior to his putting this page up as Bob Bolton and I had planned to climb PIlot (one of the 57 ultras) after we had done Ibapah but we couldn't find any information about this peak at all or how to access it so I contacted Rik Dunham of Salt Lake City to see if he had any info. He didn't at the time we were there so he went out to PIlot, found a route up and put up the PIlot Peak page. Then he decided to drop all of the summit post pages he had created and gave me two I had climbed (Ibapah and Ruby Dome) and PIlot since I was the one who had expressed a lot of interest in this peak. Whew, is that a long explanation or what. I hope to climb PIlot in May so I can get the summit log thing right.

Also, see the note on this I have put on the front page about why I haven't climbed Pilot but yet still have the page. It'll make more sense now (hopefully)
Posted Mar 18, 2005 12:10 am

BeauNice Page

Beau

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this page up. It was a lot of help to my friend and I when we climbed the peak this summer.
Posted Nov 5, 2007 11:36 am