Piz Boè Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 59
il.rocciatore

il.rocciatore - Sep 28, 2020 9:54 am

Route Climbed: Normal Route Date Climbed: september 2020  Sucess!

Caught the first cable car from Passo Pordoi. Easy walk - not too crowded after all. Cables in places are useful, but no problem at all. It's not a Via Ferrata.

Descent towards Rifugio Boé.

Amazing views!

Scott

Scott - Jul 6, 2019 4:52 pm Date Climbed: Jun 25, 2019

Piz Boe  Sucess!

Kessler and I decided to head to Piz Boè today. We rode the cable car up to Sas Pordoi and headed for Piz Boè, mostly on the snow. The route to Piz Boè was a fairly easy rock scramble with fixed cables. Coming from the US, it was weird to have a restaurant and hut on the summit! We ate a fancy lunch before headed down the other side of the mountain to Pizes del Valun and Le Pointe. We only saw one person on this route. The couloir below Le Pointe was filled with snow and very steep, but there was a fixed rope in places.

After reaching the Grand Valacia we headed long a trail on a bench between the huge cliffs and circled around to the south side of the mountains. There were a lot of marmots in the meadows. We then took a steep trail down to the WWI monument (Ossario del Pordoi Kreigerdenkmal) where 8000 soldiers are buried from WWI and 800 from WWII. Sombering place. After visiting the monument, we walked back to the Passo Pordoi and took a bus back to Canazei.

bobbyfm

bobbyfm - Aug 14, 2018 5:51 am Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2018

Normal route from Passo Pordoi  Sucess!

Unfortunately there were a lot of clouds and the view was limited.

maak

maak - Apr 7, 2018 4:06 am Date Climbed: Jun 16, 2005

Piz Boe  Sucess!

From Passo Pordoi with Sara

fagin

fagin - Aug 31, 2017 2:55 pm Date Climbed: Jun 7, 2017

Piz beau  Sucess!

Terrifying via ferrata from above Calfosco, I forget the name, but it was a steep bugger. Anyways, the summit hut has a fantastic panorama and the staff were magnificent. Loved it

damgaard

damgaard - Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2016

Cesare Piazzetta  Sucess!

We (girlfriend and I) climbed the Cesare Piazzetta route up. Nice route with a few challenging places. Great views even though weather was a little cloudy. Speedy decent to catch one of the last cable cars down.

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - Apr 10, 2017 3:47 pm Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2016

Piz Boe from Sass Pordoi

Great day to do this lovely route.... along with loads of others!

jck

jck - Jul 28, 2016 2:23 am

VF Piazzetta (twice)  Sucess!

July 22, 2016
T-storm in the upper part, hail and rain - had to wait about an hour under some overhanging rock steps. Nevertheless nice ferrata, nobody on the summit of Boe!

August 13, 2022
Ascended VF Piazzetta for a second time. Nice weather and almost nobody on the route made the day a real pleasure.

alpinbeta

alpinbeta - Sep 19, 2014 10:51 am Date Climbed: Jun 15, 2007

From Val Lasties  Sucess!

Normal Route rising from Val Lasties

cezartr

cezartr - Jun 14, 2014 7:29 am

Piz Boè  Sucess!

Relaxing hike with great views. Highly recommended if you want to admire a fantastic view of Marmolada.

fatdad

fatdad - May 29, 2014 12:36 am

No summit but nice hike

On my honeymoon, 13 yrs. ago, my wife was feeling ill so I hiked from our hotel in Corvara up to the Crep de Munt. I was the only one around, probably because the lifts had not started for the summer yet (it was late June). Though I didn't summiit, after reading all the comments about the crowds, I feel fortunate to have had the place to myself.

kiflicsucsok - Nov 30, 2013 2:55 am Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2013

ferrata Piazetta  Sucess!

Up on the Piazetta ferrata, at least 300 people on the summit, descend via normal route to Passo Pordoi. Amazing panorama on the top.

alcol

alcol - Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Traverse to Pordoi Pass  Sucess!

I went there many times, always crowded, but great place

Konrad Sus

Konrad Sus - Sep 11, 2013 2:02 pm Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2013

Pig in mountains  Sucess!

From Passo Pordoi. Many people - but nice view.

yxygan

yxygan - Aug 23, 2012 3:42 am Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2012

Climbed  Sucess!

on the Ferrata Cesare Piazetta. A very hot day with dozens of people in the route and hundred of people on the summit. But it was worth to do it, the view from the summit unforgotable!!!

SimonPL

SimonPL - May 31, 2012 11:54 am Date Climbed: Jul 21, 2011

Piz Boe by Cesta Strenta  Sucess!

Walked from the Utia Franz Kostner by Cesta Strenta Road. This path is marked on the maps as via ferrata, but in real it's a easy path with some little exposed, secured parts. There are also great views. This isn't a very popular road, so there is very few people. Descent to Rifugio Boe, and then to Colfosco through the Val Di Mesdi, which is also nice road without the crowds. The upper part of Val di Mesdi could be difficult to pass due to short, very steep part with a lot of snow for almost all the season.

Nikolas_A

Nikolas_A - Apr 15, 2012 8:05 am Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2008

Cesare Piazetta Ferrata   Sucess!

Nice ferrata, demanding start but remains interesting throughout

Trevers89

Trevers89 - Nov 16, 2011 11:33 am Date Climbed: Aug 9, 2011

Great view, very crowded!  Sucess!

Walked up from Passo Pordoi to the Sella Plateau between towering walls of rock. The walk is simply a long steep path scree. From the plateau, walked around to the base of Piz Boe, just another few hundred feet of scrambling and cables which is far more fun. Unfortunately due to people coming down the wrong way and the inexperience of many, bottlenecks tend to form and at times I just scrambled up my own way. Dinner and a beer and fantastic view on the crowded summit, then back dwon the other side. Unfortunately on the long walk down I pull something in my thigh, some nice German family gave me a lift from the road back to Canazei!

eza

eza - Aug 24, 2011 12:38 pm Date Climbed: Aug 16, 2011

A great Dolomitic panorama  Sucess!

Never mind the crowds, I enjoyed our climb from the Passo Pordoi and found the sights absolutely incredible. Most specially the upper Val Lastres from the Forcella di Pordoi

thomasalbrechtsen

thomasalbrechtsen - Jul 24, 2011 10:35 am Date Climbed: Jul 13, 2011

from val di mesdi

hiked with my brother up through val di mesdi. quite a lot of snow at the upper and steepest part of the valley. got to the rif boe and from there to the summit. amazing views.

Viewing: 1-20 of 59
Return to 'Piz Boè' main page