Plačlivý Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jul 24, 2008 4:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Characters

'Test for correctly displaying "Ostrý Roháč" with accents. The č is made with & # 269.'

Yes, but I guess that if you use it in the mountain title, no search will find your mountain. Unless that people will also input that in the search field. Hm?

visentin

visentin - Jul 24, 2008 4:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Characters

You were right, but I found the solution. If I type "Ostry Rohac" in the Query Name field, the search will work. I have now to do the same with Wolowiec !
Thanks,
Eric
p.s : your personal page is great, I was in Slovenian mountains last summer and it reminded me a lot of nice things

peterbud

peterbud - Oct 9, 2008 10:14 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Characters

I apply the same solution with my pages, it works. By the way, nice job you are doing for the Tatras, Eric!

visentin

visentin - Nov 21, 2008 4:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Characters

Thanks for this words...
I will soon publish something interesting and original about the Tatras ;)

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 8, 2010 2:58 pm - Voted 5/10

I don't think it's OK

to create pages for a mountain you haven't climbed.

visentin

visentin - Oct 9, 2010 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I don't think it's OK

What about the other owner ?

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 9, 2010 4:17 pm - Voted 5/10

Re: I don't think it's OK

There can only be one "owner" and you know it. If it was Tomas, I'd say it was OK, at least formally.

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 30, 2013 7:37 am - Voted 5/10

Full of errors

“Plačlivý (2125) ("scareful one", named Rohacz Płaczliwy in Polish), is a peak of the Roháče region of the Western Tatras, entierely in Slovakia and close to Ostrý Roháč”

1 The Slovak name is “Plačlivé” or “Plačlivô”, not “Plačlivý”. There is also a Slovak version of the Polish name: “Plačlivý Roháč”, which has fallen into disuse in Slovakia.

2 The name does not translate as “scareful” (or “dreadful”). It translates as “weepy/tearful.”

“Plačlivý, with Ostrý Roháč are famous to form a narrow exposed ridge made of good granite, involving the most demanding scrambling in the Western Tatras all together. A touristic route goes on it, easing the task for tourist by the mean of fixed chains. However those with a fear of height should not attempt it.”

3 All sections of the marked trails climbing Plačlivé are much less demanding than the stretch of the trail running over Ostrý Roháč.

“People sometimes surmane it the "Slovak Orla Perć", refering to the famous via-ferrata located in the Polish High Tatras.”

4 This refers to a much longer route including Baníkov.

Last but not least, most of the photos you’ve displayed on this page are of Ostrý Roháč rather than Plačlivé.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Plačlivý ' main page