Plants Of The Pacific Northwest (West)

Plants Of The Pacific Northwest (West)

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora

Plants Of The Pacific Northwest Coast To Cascades

This collection of images capture the aquatic plants, ferns, grasses, lichens, mosses, shrubs, trees and wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest Coast.
This beautiful coastal region includes all the land roughly found as far north as Prince William Sound in Alaska and south to the Oregon Coast Range/Cascades. It covers the land from the Pacific Ocean to the Mountains. These Mountains include the Chugach and St. Elias Mountains in Alaska, the Coast Mountains in British Columbia and the Cascades in Washington and Oregon. The region is defined by it ecological characteristics and not by state or province boundaries.
Its interesting to see these species through the whole extent of this region. Feel free to add images taken from your own special experiences. By sure to label your image with the plant's common name, scientific names are a bonus. Also, feel free to add albums of specific favorite species.

Information for references and gaining identification has been taken from Pojar/Mackinnon 1994/2004R "Plants Of The Pacific Northwest Coast" Lone Pine Publishing. Vancouver, British Columbia.

Pictures below have been divided into different groups by their bloom color or their most distinctive color. Also, one group is for pictures of multiple colors and misc colors. Last but not least.

Red Colors

Indian Paintbrush



Indian Paintbrush

Yellow Colors

Hibox Mountain and Glacier Lilies





Blue/Purple Colors

Silky Phacelia


Pink Colors

Subalpine Daisy



Pink at 7,400

White Colors

Beargrass




Group Colors And Everything In Between

Flower Garden



Stonecrop


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
beaudaddy85

beaudaddy85 - Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful selection

Thanks a bunch OMB!!! I hope to add pictures to the page along with others that want to contribute their pictures also.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Jun 5, 2010 12:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Good job!

Eye candy. Well represented.

beaudaddy85

beaudaddy85 - Jun 10, 2010 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job!

Thanks Noondueler! Its always a treat to see color on the trail!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jun 15, 2010 2:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow!!!

This album is awesome! Nice job and great idea!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4