Viewing: 1-7 of 7
hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 28, 2017 10:28 am - Voted 1/10

Duplicate page

There is a Tatras page as an area/range. This was posted as a mountain/rock. Please contribute photos or comments to the existing Tatras page: http://www.summitpost.org/high-tatras-vysok-tatry/154185

Marcin

Marcin - Nov 28, 2017 2:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate page

Is not duplicated page. I have focused more on the Polish side of Tatra Mountains and include information related.

Scott

Scott - Nov 28, 2017 3:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate page

In this case, I'd suggest changing the name to the Polish Tatra or something similar to avoid confusion. It also needs to be changed to an area/range page.

Thanks. Let me know if I can help.

Marcin

Marcin - Nov 29, 2017 4:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate page

Hi Scott all suggested changes are done :) How I can add more activities like ice climbing, skiing?

yatsek

yatsek - Nov 29, 2017 6:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate page

"The Polish Tatras" area page does not make sense either, since we already have pages for the High Tatras, the Western Tatras and the Belianske Tatras. I'd suggest an article instead of an area page, perhaps entitled "Winter climbing and skiing in the Polish Tatras".

The Elves - Nov 29, 2017 8:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate page

Hi Marcin,

Contrary to the first comment, there actually isn't a page for the Tatras area as a whole. Like yatsek writes, there are separate area pages for the High Tatras and the Western Tatras (and a few others), and if I'm not mistaken the Polish Tatra National Park covers the Polish parts of these two. That said, your page gives more attention to the High Tatras than on most other parts of the area, which is why I considered it a duplicate myself when I first saw this page.

You argue that this is not a duplicate page, saying that you have focused more on the Polish side of Tatra Mountains and are dealing with winter activities. Fair enough. The change to the title makes your first point clear, though some members such as yatsek will still consider this a duplicate to some extent. His two suggestions avoid this altogether.

Including something like "Winter activities" in the title addresses your second argument why it is different than any existing area page.
And as an article instead of an area page, the question whether it is a duplicate becomes irrelevant, because SummitPost welcomes articles even if there are already other articles on the same subject. Not that that's the case here. There are no articles on winter activities in the Tatra Mountains, and having one is a useful addition. That said, right now the information reads like a summary. Personally, I would welcome it to read lots more about the possibilities, with details about where to go in winter, be it for skiing, mountaineering, ice climbing or other activities. And you can add pictures, and maybe one or more maps.

Finally, as an article about winter activities in the Tatras, you should attach it to the High Tatras page, and perhaps to the Western Tatras as well.

Rob, on behalf of The Elves.

Polish Tatra National Park
Click here to open the map

The Elves - Nov 29, 2017 8:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate page

You can add new chapters as much as you like. The easiest way to do this is to simply type the title of the new chapter (e.g. Ice Climbing) on a new line, and at least the start of the first sentence. After that, select the title, press the "¶" button (the second one on the ribbon above the edit box) and select "Primary Header" from the list.

You can also try the other formatting options of course.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Polish Tatra Mountains - Tatry' main page