gruntI'm excited!

grunt

...to see this page. I can see this mountain from my front porch (in Springville). I will admit I haven't hiked it yet, my primary excuse being pregnancy and the mothering of young children. :-D
Posted Mar 19, 2010 10:30 pm

DeanRe: I'm excited!

If you have any pics, I'd love to have you post them. You can see what I have from the Springville/Mapleton area that are posted but I'm sure you might have a better view. Wasn't there a fire on the mountain late last summer? BTW, you have a great primary excuse, I can't think of anything more important.
Posted Mar 19, 2010 10:59 pm

TracyNice page...

Tracy

...Dean, I'll have to hike this on one of my visits to my brother's place in Mapleton. BTW, it is my opinion that the name came from the close proximity of hydraulic generators or "power houses" that have existed at the base of the mountain - both in Hobble Creek and at the mouth of Bartholomew Canyon. One was built in 1948 and expanded in 1987. The other power house was built in 1950 and can be seen labeled on the USGS topo map. See:

See this topo map also:

Posted Mar 20, 2010 12:54 am

DeanRe: Nice page...

Thanks Tracy for the name info. I'll share that on the main page.
Posted Mar 20, 2010 8:47 am

imontopI had no idea

imontop

that was it's name. I've noticed that peak quite a few times. Great views from the summit!
Posted Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

DeanRe: I had no idea

Thanks Eric, it was an interesting find since I too had looked at it many times before and paid no attention until I saw Eric Willhites report on it. This is such a great area to live in. : )
Posted Mar 25, 2010 10:42 pm