desainmePretty informative list

desainme

BTW in case you are interested, Google Earth tilta version has increased the detail of several Mtn Regions. Matterhorn (the real one) is no longer a 12,000 stump between the Mattertal and Val d'Aosta but about 14,500 feet high with some detail. Mt. Blanc is only lacking the final 100 feet as are Annapurna and K2. The Sierra[(s) ha ha] are shown in fine detail.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 9:04 pm

Dennis PoulinRe: Pretty informative list

Dennis Poulin

Google Earth has added a great new dimension to countain climbing. Thanks for all your votes recently.
Posted Jan 6, 2007 7:03 pm

samhA Good List

samh

I am surprised to see so few states with prominence lists on Summit Post.
Posted Oct 25, 2008 3:21 am

ericnoelRe: A Good List

ericnoel

Well there aren't a ton of lists but I think most of the more mountainous states are represented.

Idaho and Nevada both deserve prominence lists but as states with small populations it isn't too shocking that no one has put up such pages yet. Ditto for MT - until you corrected that recently.

Utah also deserves a P2000 page (*Paging Dean* ;-) ).

Wyoming doesn't really have a lot of high prom peaks once you get past Gannett, the Grand and Cloud.

I am a little bit surprised that there is not a deeper list for CA than 50 most prominent given how many Californians there are on SP. Also I would think there would be more lists for New England since they have legitimate mtns there and lots of peakbaggers. That part is sorta odd.
Posted Oct 27, 2008 1:30 am

DeanRe: A Good List

I'm in the process of putting together something for Utah. It is a good winter project but you are right on California. I think the main problem with Cal and Nevada are the huge number of peaks to deal with. Maybe divide California into a northern and a southern page(s).
Posted Oct 27, 2008 7:33 am

theronmoonRe: A Good List

theronmoon

Just so everyone knows I deleted the 50 Most Prom. for California awhile ago. Up for grabs now. Splitting the state up would be most logical to me. My two cents anyways.
Posted Oct 28, 2008 1:08 am

RyanSRe: A Good List

RyanS

Here's a good page if you're curious about prominence around the world. It includes a "mountain atlas" of all P500 peaks in CA.

Posted Oct 31, 2008 8:02 pm