Viewing: 1-18 of 18
visentin

visentin - Aug 9, 2012 5:03 am - Voted 10/10

well done !

You did the maximum of your time there, congrats ! What's more pulling the weaker men in your footprints !
My knowledge of this Tena area is very close to zero, despite I have visited few of the places you mentioned comming from the opposite side: Marcadau valley on the french side (Facha, Cambalès).
And respect for your improvised and successful one-day ascent of Monte Perdido ! What an achievement. Most people spend a night in the hut. You must be really fit.
I miss my Pyrenees very much, thanks for making me dream about them !

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 10, 2012 6:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: well done !

Thanks Erico, I am just wondering why are you living in Poland? Pyrenees are so great! very nice people, great weather, beautiful mountains and did I mention a free fish pedicure? :)

visentin

visentin - Aug 10, 2012 7:09 am - Voted 10/10

Re: well done !

I am just wondering myself, from time to time. But there are also other amazing things in central Europe, Mikulov for example !
And mountains are interesting in other ways...

EricChu

EricChu - Aug 9, 2012 1:48 pm - Voted 10/10

A wonderful report, Liba!

I really relished reading your report of the time you had in the Pyrenees! Especially the last chapter brought back old memories...In 1993, I myself was on Monte Perdido; I started in Gavarnie, having travelled from Salzburg via Geneva, Toulouse and Lourdes, went up to the Refugio Goríz via Refuge de la Brèche and Brecha de Orlando, was lucky to still find accommodation in the Goríz hut, as the sign "completo" had already been planted in the ground in front of the hut, and next morning, I went up the Monte Perdido the easy way and back down the same way. The weather turned bad afterwards, so I went down to Torla for three days. A lovely mountain village!!!
Looking forward to browsing through all of your photos!!!
Cheers, Liba,
Eric

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 10, 2012 6:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A wonderful report, Liba!

Thank you so much Eric. I was pleasantly surprised by the area. A really wonderful place to be.

macintosh

macintosh - Aug 18, 2012 7:25 am - Voted 10/10

Re: A wonderful report, Liba!

Lourdes is my only one experience with this area. Still wait for the miracle :) Hope find one of those days a guide, such Eric the polish, to cross the mountains :)))

eza

eza - Aug 12, 2012 9:16 am - Voted 10/10

It's really nice...

to see how foreign visitors enjoy our local mountains! You did a wonderful work to make the best of your time, I love your choice of summits and hikes

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It's really nice...

Muchas gracias. I loved it there and hope to go back.

Woodie Hopper

Woodie Hopper - Aug 12, 2012 3:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Interesting

Sounds like you had a great trip. The Pyrenees are interesting to me as well, maybe some day I'll go there too- thanks for posting.
Very nice to share this experience with your family.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 13, 2012 6:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting

Thanks so much for your comment. Truly a nice place to visit.

TimmyC

TimmyC - Aug 12, 2012 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Choices

> was planning to read it while in the plane (at the
> end I chose to watch movies and drink wine)

Nicely done.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 13, 2012 6:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Choices

:) yes, preferred time to relax rather than to study the range:)

DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Aug 14, 2012 9:58 am - Voted 10/10

Pyrenean spots

Hi Liba,
I enjoyed your report and it showed me some interesting areas that I've not been to yet. If I can suggest a location for your next visit, why not try Benasque close to Aneto, Posets and Perdiguero some of the highest Pyrenean peaks.

(some trip reports on my page)

cheers Johnnie

http://www.summitpost.org/users/drjonnie/29026

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 15, 2012 10:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Pyrenean spots

Thanks Johnnie, I will plan next time to climb the highest one! :)

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am - Voted 10/10

thanks Liba

for your trip. I'm happy when the people enjoyed with my lovely Pyrenees. Gran Facha and Monte Perdido are good elections... and Foratata, uff, probably it's the second most beatiful peak of the area but it's advisable to read before something about its routes of rock-climbing and how follow the normal route (it's not easy to find).

You are destined to return because you have seen one of the prettiest mountains of the world closely... the Pic du Midi d'Ossau (he,he,... remember my words, I was obsessed many years with climbing that mountain). The next time it's advisable that you read something about the normal route and the chimneys if you go to Midi.
I'm going to Respomuso tomorrow for another time..., it's the 15th or 20th time because is very near of Pamplona. I hope that you enjoyed of my home town (Pamplona) but it was not the best moment to visit in sanfermines because the city is invaded for a lot of tourists (I was climbing mountains in Pyrenees and not running the bulls... I don't like it).

Congratulations for the summits and thank you for the trip report.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks Liba

Thank you Rafa. I was pleasantly surprised with Pyrenees, and people were so nice. I wish to have had more time over there.
Have fun in Respomuso.

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Aug 16, 2012 6:59 am - Voted 10/10

It seems

that you had a great time in the Pirineos! Thanks for sharing your experiences. The Pyrenees are just wonderful. Happy climbing, Michael

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Aug 18, 2012 11:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It seems

Thanks Michael (such an easy name to remember:), my son is Michael also). Yes, I love Pyrenees, and the weather is so much better when comparing to the Alps. Thanks again.

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Return to 'Pyrenees as seen from the perspective of European American ' main page