Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Jim and Haydar admiring the east face of Chianti Spire. Rebel Yell (III 5.10) goes up the wide crack/dihedral on the right for 3 pitches before traversing over to the left and up the obvious splitter (mostly OW) crack system to the summit pedestal (once there a 5.7 block needs to be surmounted; Aug. 12, 2006).
rpc
on Aug 15, 2006 12:52 am
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 215789

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Sep 4, 2006 8:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Knoll...

Did you happen to get a shot of Chablis and Pernod from the Knoll to the North of Chianti?

Derek

rpc

rpc - Sep 6, 2006 6:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Knoll...

Derek,

I have shots from summit of Chianti looking towards Pernod & Chablis but NOT from the Knoll unfortunately. In other words, nothing that would clearly show the east faces of these spires. Views from summit of Chianti might give you some idea of the east faces but not sure how useful. Please let me know if you want these shots (I can either post them on SP or email them to you).
Radek

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Sep 6, 2006 7:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Knoll...

Just wanted to have a shot for the scrapbook; we've climbed 'em years ago but I was too lazy to carry the 35mm camera everywhere I went, I remember the knoll being a perfect location for the shots.

Derek

rpc

rpc - Sep 7, 2006 8:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Knoll...

Derek,

I have a couple more shots of Pernod etc. but taken from summit of Chianti. They are of this sort:

http://www.summitpost.org/image/215895/165062/chianti-spire.html

If anything of this sort interests you, let me know.
RAdek

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Sep 7, 2006 11:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Knoll...

Thanks Radek, nice shot. I remember Chablis had the neatest summit; it felt like you were on a diving board with a 1000' drop right below you.

Derek

rpc

rpc - Sep 7, 2006 11:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Knoll...

All 4 are some amazing looking summits! Would love to bag them all someday - great stuff!!
Take care Derek & good climbing.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6