Reynolds Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jun 20, 2016 3:23 pm Date Climbed: Jun 19, 2016

Fear the brush  Sucess!

With Ron. Up early and off before dawn. Think we both though the "trail" was a worse bushwhack than the actual bushwhack section. So overgrown and with blowdowns everywhere. GFot soaked and the socks got saturated. Several wring-outs of the socks this day. Followed Klenke's 1a description and found a log to scoot across the creek. Stayed on the east side of the creek. Found the boggy area, then the basin where the bushwhacking was thickest but shortest of the whacking. Straight up the little snow couloir to the notch and the contoured around to the south approach. About 3 inches of fresh snow from the storm the day before. Powdery with solid stuff underneath. Climbed snow to the summit pinnacle and then had to work around left a few times to find some ledgy stuff as it was all wet and snowy so I think dicier than normal. Made it though but didn't tarry long as clouds were in and out and I still had to get down and drive back to Portland. The descent was faster with a few glissades. Long drive back to Portland with my head hitting the pillow about 2:15 am. Fear the bushwhack!

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - May 5, 2015 1:06 pm Date Climbed: Apr 29, 2015

With Josh, Mike, Adam and Heather  Sucess!

Climbed via the South fork of Reynolds Creek. Fun scrambling on the summit block and fantastic glissades.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - May 2, 2015 8:57 pm Date Climbed: Apr 29, 2015

Good Glissades  Sucess!

We had a few good glissades on the way down. Scramble at the end required some careful steps due to the snow conditions and minor exposure.

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis - May 2, 2015 1:33 am Date Climbed: Apr 29, 2015

adam  Sucess!

ditto

gimpilator

gimpilator - Apr 30, 2015 12:36 pm Date Climbed: Apr 29, 2015

Spring Ascent  Sucess!

With Matt Lemke, Josh Lewis, Michael Lewis, and Heather Anderson. There was some sketchy snow on the summit block. Bulger 55/100. Here is my trip report. And a video by Michael Lewis:

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Jul 14, 2009 2:09 pm Date Climbed: Jun 14, 2009

Northwest Ridge  Sucess!

Aaron and I climbed the northwest ridge to the north summit, but had to forgo the south summit due to a thunderhead brewing. We descended down the northeast basin. 9 hours car to car. A pretty fun ridge scramble, we did it ropeless.

Andy Dewey

Andy Dewey - Sep 2, 2008 12:06 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2008

East slope  Sucess!

Went up standard creek bushwhack approach but from basin went directly up the east slope. Some steepness and loose rock, but not bad.

Blakester

Blakester - Jul 6, 2005 1:30 am

Route Climbed: South Ridge Date Climbed: July 5 2005  Sucess!

Up From Stehekin, contoured south around the end of the ridge.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Reynolds Peak' main page