Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.79771°N / 73.46905°W
Additional Information County: Essex
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 1100 ft / 335 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rogers Rock is located on the North (west) end of Lake George in Essex Country New York. The slab rises out of the lake with about 700' of excellent quality rock. If that's not appealing enough, the only logical approach to the base of the slide is by boat and you nearly start climbing directly from your vessel of choice. After the climb (which by the way faces due east) a dip into Lake George's deep blue waters is very refreshing.

Getting There

Located just north of Rogers Rock State Campground, which is on Rt. 9N, 3 miles north of the town of Hague. Start from one of the many launches in the campground, paddle or motor past Juniper Island and head north past a small cove. The slide will be just around the corner (10 minute paddle from Juniper Island). You can't miss it. Tie up and scramble to the base of your desired route.

Red Tape

Rogers Rock lies within the boundaries of the Adirondack Park Preserve.
There are no permits necessary to climb.

Camping

Rogers Rock Campground is the logical choice for an overnight, and a great place to approach by boat. The Campground is within the Adirondack State Park boundary and run by the DEC. More info with a link for reservations can be found here.

Routes

There are numerous trad routes on the slide (some bolted).

I will add to this table as new routes are submitted.

Route Name Rating (YDS) Protection
(G, PG, R, X)
Little Finger 5.5 G
     
     
     



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.