Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dean

Dean - Apr 6, 2006 6:44 pm - Voted 10/10

I dunno...

...when you mentioned in that one pic that you couldn't get through until you'd taken almost everything off including your wallet, I thought that perhaps the next item that you'll need to take for a situation like this is vaseline. One hour? Yikes. That is perserverence. Interesting set of pics and very unusual not to see Shirley smiling. Your own vote of two stars out of 5 said a lot.

rpc

rpc - Apr 6, 2006 7:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I dunno...

THank you for checking this out Dean.

"the next item that you'll need to take for a situation like this is vaseline"
the thought had occurred to me. After I got rid of my wallet, I was going to dump the fleece as the next step....fortunately, it did not come to that :)

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - May 8, 2008 3:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Radek....

as Dean says, that is your 2 star vote eh? Climbing Sat and Sun and looking for something moderate, I should go for Honeycomb instead???

rpc

rpc - May 8, 2008 4:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Radek....

Dow, have not done Honeycomb - I know it's next door. The worst part of this was the squeeze but I'm 6'7" & 220 lbs...so maybe that had something to do with that :) There was also a runout on some .7-.8 pitch that had my attention (wide crack but you're climbing on flakes around it...too wide for even large cams I think) -however, I found out later that you can (I believe) do a variation pitch to that one (I think DeAngelo book might even mention it?). So it should be a pretty moderate climb - the grade certainly is moderate but I DID sweat quite a bit on it.
Good stuff to have Red Rocks so close by! Nice deal Dow. Lookign forward to your photos. Cheers!

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - May 8, 2008 5:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Radek....

thanks Radek, I think we will give Honeycomb a go...what worried me the most was Dean pointing out Shirley was not smiling! cheers

rpc

rpc - May 8, 2008 5:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Radek....

:) she was not smiling I think because that opening 60 foot pitch took my fat ass an hour+ to lead I think with 55 minutes of it being in the squeeze....

so don't take my review too literally Dow - you should give this one a go too. Have fun!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Community Pillar, 5.9, 9 Pitches' main page