Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 19.22517°N / 123.05062°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 3, 2013
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

Royal Mountain


While my wife & friends were askiing at nearby Copper Mountain, I decided to go out and find a quick summit to climb.  After talking to the lady at the Frisco information shop, I decide to try Royal Mountain.  WIth a height of about 10,500' it seemed like it would be a nice hike up with some nice views once I reached the summit.  This was a fun, but hard short hike.  It only took me about an hour & change to make it up there, but WOW, you gain about 1,500' in elevation in a little over a mile.  It is the stairstepper from hell,haha.  As I stopped to catch my flatlander breath, it was well worth it, as the views on the way up were absolutely magnificent.  I'm not sure if I stopped more than usual because of the strenuous climb or the awesome views, but either way, it was worth it.


When i got to the top, there was gale force winds around 40-50 mph.  I took some video, and all you can hear is the wind screaming and me trying to talk over it.  All in all the round trip took just under 3 hours and was a great way to get some good exercise and take in some fantastic mountain views.


If you are looking for a quick little challenge with an awesome payoff along the way, this is the hike/mountain for you


Royal Mountain
views along the way up

 

Comments

No comments posted yet.