Setsas

Setsas

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Add Heading Here

Or Settsass. An isolated 2571 m mountain in the Dolomites, not belonging to any particular group (it is, together with Sas de Stria, one of the two only rocky mountains in the grassy Pralongià-Störes-Cherz plateau, between Badia and Livinallongo/Fodom valleys and Valparola and Falzarego passes). One way to reach it is to start from the Punta Trieste mountain hut (m 2028) and follow paths no. 23 and 24 via Pralongià mountain hut (m 2157) and Störes rise (m 2181), both in the first part, then a long walk almost flat on the plateau up to the beginning of the ridge. From there the path goes up the screes and to the summit where there is a cross. The view is mainly towards the opposite Sief-Col di Lana massif and the Piz dles Conturines, Lagazuoi and Sas de Stria. Longer away other mountains can be seen, including Monte Civetta, Pizes da Cir, Sassongher, Puez plateau.
About two hours or something more from Punta Trieste. When coming back one can descend the grasses and pine groves to the former Hotel Planac (m 1720), passing by some mountain "huts" (restaurants) such as La Marmotta (m 1920), Incisa (m 1940) and Capanna Nera (m 1778).
13 August 2011.

External Links

Add External Links text here.


Comments

No comments posted yet.