Normal route over the south slopes

Normal route over the south slopes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.30000°N / 13.80000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You come to the plateau Pokljuka from the Bled or from the Bohinj valley. With car you drive to the barracks on the Rudno polje. From Bled is 22 kilometers. On the barracks is a signpost with inscription Triglav. We follow that road to the turning to the Triglav. Here we park a car.


Route Description


From here you follow the signposts for Triglav and Vodnikov dom (hut). You cross the west slopes of Visevnik and you soon ascend on the plateau Jezerce below the mountains: Veliki Draski vrh, Mali Draski vrh, Visevnik and Ablanca.

You ascend over marked route on Studorski preval, 1892m between Ablanca and Veliki Draski vrh. Then you cross the south slopes of Veliki Draski vrh and Tosc as long as you come on he crossing with inscription Tosc. The marked route continues forward and cross west slopes of tosc and come on Vodnikov hut.

You follow the trodden route on Tosc. You scramble over nice grassy slopes and you come on the upper plateau below the summit of Tosc. In few minutes you come on the top of Tosc.

You descend by the same route.

This route is also popular in Winter season because it can be not very hard done with skiies!

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 23, 2004 11:36 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

You can mention also here, that this toute is nice for tour skiing - medium hard.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ToscRoutes