From Yoonza Pass

From Yoonza Pass

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.02210°N / 51.65000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See "Getting There".

Route Description


Trailhead Elevation at Yoonza Pass.....3100 m
One way distance per my GPS...............7.5 Km



This route follows the ridgetop and is pretty straight forward. Here are some details:

At the Yoonza Pass, go directly up the slopes to the north of the pass. The first high point that comes to view is Point 3451 m. You can climb to the top of this point or save yourself a little energy by traversing it to the east of it to reach a 3350 m saddle between Oshtor Peak and Point 3451 m. Darreh Pelk Peak (the easternmost of the three 3850 m high points) will come to good view to the northwest.

Go directly up the slopes to reach the 3673 m summit of the Oshtor Peak or traverse its southwestern slopes below the summit, aiming for a 3590 m low point after the Oshtor Peak to the northwest of its summit. After this low point, you will follow the ridgetop up and down a few other high points to reach Darreh Pelk Peak Bypass the other two 3850 m high points to the north of them to reach the true summit of Khatoon Bargah. This might require some hand and foot rock climbing in a few spots.

Essential Gear


In summer, nothing more than good hiking boots.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.