Through Czarny Grzbiet

Through Czarny Grzbiet

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12200°N / 20.12000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA 0+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Chata pri Zelenom Plese (how to get to Chata pri Zelenom Plese look at main page of Cierny Stit)

Route Description



Time: from Chata pri Zelenom Plese 3 h

From Chata pri Zelenom Plese take the red marked trail leading to Skalnate Pleso and after a few meters beyond a bridge on Biela Voda Kezmarska stream turn right (west) (through fence) on a non-marked, good treaded path. Follow this path, first along the south shore of Zelene Pleso, next among dwarf mountain pine (pinus mugo) and finally on screes to a high (100m), rocky step of Vel’ka Zmrzla (Dzika) Valley with two picturesque waterfalls. Ascend to a foot of the wall on the right from waterfalls to a beginning of a rib.

Climb through the rocky step following protective chains on a lower verge of Vel’ka Zmrzla Valley. Now, our rout leads by a bottom of the valley through screes and grass (follow cairns). A middle rocky step take to the left side and turn right to the foot of Cierny Stit (Czarny Szczyt).

Now, you should see remarkable, long, scree-rocky-grassy ramp leading up obliquely to Stolaczykovo Sedlo on the left and a deep, dark chmney beginning from a lower mouth of the ramp. Go up in a direction of this chimney (“Motykovy Komin” – rout 11 (TOPO). From a lower mouth of the chimney goes to the right a distinct, horizontal, scree-rocky ledge. Follow this ledge until the end, at the end traverse slabs which breaking it and up by grassy ramp on a big obliquely, scree terrace – Czarny Grzbiet.

Next, climb through rocky steps of Czarny Grzbiet to a foot of a Ciernt Stit’ summit pyramid. Here turn left on a wide, grassy ledge and climb it until the end and finally through plain blocks on a summit before the main top of Cierny Stit. From here climb down on a shallow col and up by edge on a main summit of Cierny Stit.


Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear sufficient.

Miscellaneous Info



Dear Slovakian Friends!
If you know the Slovakian name of Czarny Grzbiet (the east ridge of Cierny Stit, this with Cierna Vezicka), please send mi it !




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.