Silver Peak Comments

PopoffUntitled Comment

Nice info.
Posted Mar 4, 2003 7:06 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote... sorry for the lateness of my reply.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 3:03 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page.
Posted Mar 4, 2003 8:39 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote... sorry for the lateness of my reply.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 3:03 pm

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Ah, Silver Peak. I remember my first sight of it when apporaching Killarney Prov. Park when I was 17 and asking "Is that snow on the top?" - that was *July* '95. I've learned a lot since then.

Good page Tim and I look forward to using the Bell Lake Access Route this summer to finally be on it's summit. Cheers!
Posted Mar 30, 2004 2:57 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote... I too look forward to returning to this summit this summer.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 3:05 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote... sorry for the lateness of my reply.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 3:04 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote Gareth... its much appreciated.
Posted May 10, 2004 5:41 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote.
Posted May 23, 2004 7:05 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Somehow I missed this one. Well done. Never thought there would be something this tall due north of Toronto. I thought these elevations were on the north and northeast side of Lake Superior. Great autumn signature photo too.
Posted May 23, 2004 7:40 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Mark... there are more than a few peaks this size or bigger between the sault and sudbury... the peaks though here in killarney are the most mountainous in composition and spirit... I still marvel that something like this exists so close to home.

Thanks for the vote as always. -Tim-
Posted May 23, 2004 9:16 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

552m being the highest elevation! And I thought our region was vertically challenged! But with 880m (need to look that up) for Feldberg I can't complain. Still Silver peak looks much more like a mountain since the limestone (??) rocks shine through. Here everything is covered with forests to the top.

I can understand your hesitation about this one but it is what you make out of it (in terms of a SP page) what counts. And this is a nice little one.
Posted Jul 26, 2004 6:35 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks for the vote Gangolf.
Posted Dec 12, 2005 2:43 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Nice page, tim!
Posted Nov 9, 2004 6:24 am

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

When I was younger, I had a wish to go to Canada. With this page this wish could be bigger. I never went there to see this beautifull surroudings. Regards ROK
Posted Nov 9, 2004 2:55 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

This is one small part of Canada's beauty... an area known by only a few people. If you like it you should see my two other pages on split face peak and sentinel dome... they are from the same park.

Thanks a lot for the vote and comments... should you ever make it heer (and I hope that you do) let me know and I'll happily show you Killarney.
Posted Nov 9, 2004 3:02 pm

Daniel.DwyreNot the sixth highest

Hi. The page suggests that Silver Peak is the sixth highest in Ontario. There are dozens of points of land higher. Here is a list of some higher "peaks".
Posted Feb 20, 2006 1:06 pm

dwhikeWow

dwhike

I have been eyeing Killarney for a backpacking trip for years. Great page. Makes me want to visit all the more. Someday:)
Posted May 25, 2006 1:36 am

tloganRe: Wow

tlogan

Thanks for the vote. Let me know if you ever make it to this neck of the woods and want some company at Killarney. its a pretty amazing place. Cheers and happy New Year. -Tim-
Posted Jan 3, 2007 5:42 pm

dwhikeRe: Wow

dwhike

I may just do that! Moving back to Northern Michigan (Petoskey) at the end of the month and will be looking to get back out into the north woods. Thanks for the offer!
Posted Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am