Viewing: 1-20 of 30 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Brilliant page sir! Very nice job! Great pictures and maps as well. Wonderful job and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Sep 9, 2004 11:08 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Britt, very much!!
Posted Sep 9, 2004 12:13 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

You have had an interesting trip to Macedonia. I thought it was only in India/Pakistan that the army was occuppying such high places. The forests look nice and the face is quite large. Good maps help out. I like the photo of the brook and waterfall.

Posted Sep 9, 2004 2:09 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Hi Mark! Thanks for the vote and your always extensive comment!!! Yes, I had a great 9 day trip to Macedonia with mountaineers from my club from Zagreb. 4 days we spent in the mountains while other 4 were tourism. We saw many beautiful things. We also climbed Baba mountain (2601m) which is even higher than Solunska Glava. That page is coming up soon and it will be much more extensive than this one. Military was on many mountains in former Yugoslavia. Those were mostly radar stations. Same was in Croatia but those objects are now unwanted by Croatian army and deserted. Unfortunately they are falling apart and mountaineering clubs don't have that much money to repair them and turn them into mountain huts. I guess in Macedonia they still didn't reach that point of demilitarization because of the problems with Albanian minority who wants to cut off western part of the country, which is what they already achieved with Kosovo from Serbia. Unfortunately highest Macedonian mountains are along the border with Albania and ordinary Macedonians can't go there and so couldn't we (we climbed two highest peaks which are away from endangered territory). It was very beautiful trip, both aesthetically and culturally. Macedonia was the only former Yugoslav republic which I haven’t visited. It is quite different and unique; I like the people very much and on the country one can feel the suffering of the former centuries. It was always occupied from somebody because of strategic position and people repressed.
Posted Sep 9, 2004 7:38 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Complete and well-organized. Good pictures. Thanks for posting it!
Posted Sep 9, 2004 3:14 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Brenta for the vote, positive opinion and discerning those few mistakes I made!! I repaired that.
Posted Sep 9, 2004 7:42 pm

Lowlands climberUntitled Comment

Lowlands climber

Zdravo Velebit,

Great page about a great mountain!

Pozdrav,

Lowlands climber

Posted Sep 9, 2004 3:43 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks very much Lowlands Climber (Jan I guess)!! How do you know those words, have you been here? :-)

Pozdrav

Aleksandar
Posted Sep 9, 2004 7:44 pm

Lowlands climberUntitled Comment

Lowlands climber

Zdravo Aleksandar,

I have been there many times. But only a few times I made long treks (mainly along the river Treska, near Matka) . I saw Solunska Glava from Vodno (near Skopje).

Prijatno, Jan.
Posted Sep 10, 2004 10:46 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice page and very useful information!!

I hope you have a nice trip in Macedonia!

Chears Bor! =)
Posted Sep 10, 2004 9:36 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Bor!! I had a great trip, something completely different!
Posted Sep 10, 2004 11:14 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Very complete information, as usual. I thought these mountains were not so rocky. Thank you for posting!
Posted Sep 10, 2004 3:45 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Vid!! Before going there I didn't know what to think and expect. Trip was great something new and different.
Posted Sep 10, 2004 4:02 pm

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

Very good done.Thanky you. Very said when I read parts of summit peak - soldiers there.

Thanks again. ROK
Posted Sep 10, 2004 4:42 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Rok!! Yes, it is sad that soldiers are on the summit but at least they let you reach the gates and they will give you water, they are not unfriendly. It could be worse :-) I hate objects of any kind on the summits, especially TV towers. Well, not all, Aljazev Stolp is OK :-)
Posted Sep 11, 2004 6:31 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Jean-Louis!!
Posted Sep 12, 2004 6:50 am

wuedesauUntitled Comment

wuedesau

A beautiful and very interesting page again, Aleksandar!

Cheers, Klaus
Posted Sep 13, 2004 9:27 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Klaus, very much!!
Posted Sep 13, 2004 9:29 am