South Summit Of Northeast Pinnacle Butte

South Summit Of Northeast Pinnacle Butte

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Add Heading here

Jules Bowl # 1
On Saturday September 19, 2009 I set out from the Bonneville Pass Trailhead of Wyoming's Shoshone National Forest. My destination was the Northeast Pinnacle Butte, but going by way of Jules Bowl I came up short on this Pinnacle's South Summit. I'll go back and do the route from Bonneville Pass that Bob Sihler described so well this summer.

This intro photo is from a September 2005 hike of Austin Peak. Not being a snowmobiler I didn't know the name of this highpoint on the Divide Northwest of Bonneville Pass although I'd hiked it several times over many years. On Saturday I went up the back left side of Jules Bowl to the South Summit. I never became much of a climber, I wasn't up for trying to get to the true summit. This rock is beautiful, but rotten. This photo is looking back down Bonneville Creek from the old clearcut approaching Jules Bowl.


External Links

In Jules Bowl
Add External Links text here.
The Head Of Jules Bowl
Gros Ventre Range


Into Jules Bowl the Pinnacles rimming the West side of the Bowl are awesome.

The next photo is rising up above the head of Jules Bowl, looking Southwest.

The photo after that shows the Gros Ventre Range in the distance.
The View North


Looking North.
View of Wind River Range
Austin Peak

The View Ahead Heading Up And Out Of Jules Bowl

Towards The Summit Of Northeast Pinnacle Butte


Time to huff and puff.

Comments

No comments posted yet.