Spantik 7027-M

Spantik 7027-M

This peak was climbed in 1978 by Japan expedition Hashi to Harashi (Storm & Star) which was led by Nakamura. The Royal Alpine Club expedition of Japan, but other information is that this peak was first climbed in 1955 via the SE crest by a German expedition led by Karl Kramer. Spantik is a superb climbing opportunity for those wanting to further their mountaineering skills and altitude experience To join the expedition and to have a good chance of success, it is preferable that you have both technical mountaineering experience to 4000m in the Alps and trekking peak experience to 6000m in the Greater Ranges. Its base camp is within easy reach. Spantik lies in the Karakorum Range and you can can be reached in four days including one day for the jeep drive from Skardu. For about three days we will trek on and beside Chogolungma glacier.The height of base camp is 4100 meters. Spantik lies in between Nagar Valley (also known as Golden Peak) near Hunza and Arandu Valley in Baltistan. The normal South East route to Spantik 7027 meters is from Chogolungma Glacier in Arandu Valley of Baltistan. Among 7000's meters high peaks Spantik is the most beautiful and fascinating peak. Every year it's attract dozens of adventure lovers from all over the World, from which 80% of them successfully climb this beautiful mountain. As with many high mountains, weather and snow conditions, and climbers personal fitness and acclimatization will determine weather the summit is reached. Although not technically difficult. Spantik peak is a serious undertaking and requires extensive previous alpine or expedition experience. ITINERARY DAY 01 ARRIVAL RAWALPINDI / ISLAMABAD Arrival and transfer to hotel. DAY 02 RAWALPINDI / ISLAMABAD Briefing at Ministry of Tourism Islamabad and Meeting with Liaison Officer. Afternoon City tour of Rawalpindi/Islamabad. Tour includes the exciting Capital of Pakistan and the low hills of Margalla where spectacular views of the twin cities are available. Overnight in Hotel. DAY 03 RAWALPINDI/ CHILAS Flight to Skardu, If unable to fly, same day departure for Chilas via Silk Rout, sight seeing all along the rout with the company of Indus river the longest river of Pakistan It flows from Tibet northwest across the Indian-controlled portion of Jammu and Kashmir, passing between the western extremity of the Himalayas and the northern extremity of the Hindu Kush mountain range; it then courses generally south through Pakistan to the Arabian Sea. Check in hotel. Overnight in Chilas. DAY 04 CHILAS / SKARDU Arrival in Skardu. Total drive time from Islamabad to Skardu is 22-24 hours. DAY 05 SKARDU Day at leisure. while staff will make final arrangement for the expedition. DAY 06 SKARDU -TO- ARANDU Embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Arandu - The last inhabitance on our way to the Base Camp. Overnight in tents. DAY 07 – 10 ARANDU -TO- BASE CAMP Early morning leave the last inhabited village. For the remaining portion of our journey we rely on our porters who carry our food and equipment’s and sustain our expedition. Overnight in tents. DAY 11 - 30 CLIMBING Climbing start towards Summit. Length of Climbing period depends on weather, fitness, and experience of the climber. DAY 31 - 32 TREKKING BACK TO ARANDU VILLAGE After an early breakfast leave the Spantik Peak base camp and we will trek down to Arandu village in two days. Overnight in tents. DAY 33 ARANDU -TO- SKARDU AM : Embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Skardu. Upon arrival transfer to hotel. All meals included. DAY 34 SKARDU - RAWALPINIDI Early in the morning fly to Islamabad, if unable to fly same day drive to Chilas Overnight in hotel. DAY 35 RAWALPINDI Upon arrival transfer to your hotel. Evening sightseeing. DAY 36 RAWALPINDI De-briefing at Ministry of Tourism Islamabad. DAY 37 FLY BACK HOME Transfer to airport for your onward flight.
Karrar Haidri
on Apr 3, 2006 1:45 pm
Image ID: 185492

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Afzal

Afzal - Jan 25, 2008 12:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Another Great Shot!

Another Great Shot!

Karrar Haidri

Karrar Haidri - Jan 26, 2008 8:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Another Great Shot!

Thank you very much for your appreciation.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2