St. Peter's Dome Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Jul 1, 2007 8:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Very minor correct, Old Stage

Hello,

My eye just happened to pick up on this:

Proceed straight on Old State Road approximately 6.8 miles.. (note State instead of Stage).

No big deal for locals, but I'd hate an out of town visitor to drive around in circles looking for "Old State Road".

Cheers!

Sarah

csmcgranahan

csmcgranahan - Jul 1, 2007 9:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very minor correct, Old Stage

Thanks for the info. I've made the edit.

hans.schenk

hans.schenk - May 26, 2011 3:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Overlook

The overlook of Colorado Springs has a name...Duffield's.

Inness - May 25, 2013 11:37 am - Hasn't voted

Rosa Cascade

This is the real Josephine Falls, and was identified as such by Robert Ormes on the original Pikes Peak Atlas. The name Josephine Falls is seen on maps of Bear Creek, for a diminutive waterfall there, that never had a name of which I was aware. We used to call it Kineo Falls because it was below Mt. Kineo.

coconnor - Dec 28, 2014 7:08 pm - Voted 7/10

Some scrambling required

An easy and obvious trail leads up and around the mountain, zig zagging up to the rocky summit (maybe 3-400' of elevation gain). The most difficult part is the first 15 feet of 'climbing' up on to the 'summit rock'. An old knotted rope attached to some fixed iron rebar is in place to aid hikers in getting up the first six to eight feet and the scramble gets easier and less exposed after another five feet. Would not recommend trying to negotiate this in the winter as the amount of snow and verglas (thin ice layer on exposed rock) accumulated on this last 'climbing' portion makes an otherwise easy summer scramble into a dangerous unprotected scramble with undesirable consequences should one fall!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'St. Peter's Dome' main page