KadeeStep on Up

Kadee

Very cool peak. I will have to go check it out. Great page and nice pictures.
Posted Feb 22, 2010 12:02 pm

sheilaStep Mountain is private property!

All of Step Mountain is private Property and is in a HOA. Furthermore, the dirt roads leading to Step Mountain are also private property. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
Posted Feb 28, 2017 4:10 pm

hightineraryStepmother

hightinerary

It sounds like Sheila is saying, "Step off!"
Posted Feb 28, 2017 7:31 pm

DeanThanks Sheila

Private property issues are thorny at best and there must be some way to get permission. Sheila, who do we ask? Please offer something constructive here rather than threaten those who would like to visit this unique summit with arrest.
Posted Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am

sheilaNo apologies

If it sounded like a threat when I informed you that Step Mountain is private property, well it is what it is. There has been an increasing problem with trespassers in the area. The littering and dangerous illegal campfires are also a serious problem. This is constructive information. The area is private property, owned by multiple individuals, so I can't provide you with names of "who to ask". There are 'No Trespassing' signs posted. The residents are tired of this problem and the police are frequently being called when trespassers are spotted. So hopefully this information is taken seriously as it is taken very seriously by the residents/owners.
Posted Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am

ScottRe: No apologies

Scott

Sheila,

I am an administrator for this website and saw your post.

I decided to look into it since the current maintainer of the page hasn't logged in since last year. You are correct that the land is private property.

The entire parcel that covers the formation is owned by the Skaggs Catholic School LLC, DBA Juan Diego Catholic School.

Here is a screenshot I took of the parcel map:

Ownership Map

Anyway, since the maintainer of the page seems to be absent, I'll edit the page and say that the land is private with a photo displaying the private land boundaries and say that people shouldn't go there without permission.

I'll contact the Catholic School and see if they would rather just have the page deleted or if they give permission (which seems unlikely).

Thanks for bringing this up.
Posted Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm

thigbeeRe: No apologies

thigbee

I honestly don't know how I became the owner of this page. I didn't create it, and the pictures aren't mine. Update away.
Posted Apr 20, 2017 2:40 pm

ScottRe: No apologies

Scott

OK sounds good. I can put this page in the orphanage for now.
Posted Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Matt LemkeThis sucks

Matt Lemke

I HATE private property...with an intense fiery burning passion!

IMO all land outside of specifically residentially zoned areas should be open for people to simply pass through.
Posted Apr 21, 2017 1:13 pm