Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Kadee

Kadee - Feb 22, 2010 12:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Step on Up

Very cool peak. I will have to go check it out. Great page and nice pictures.

hightinerary

hightinerary - Feb 28, 2017 7:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Stepmother

It sounds like Sheila is saying, "Step off!"

Dean

Dean - Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks Sheila

Private property issues are thorny at best and there must be some way to get permission. Sheila, who do we ask? Please offer something constructive here rather than threaten those who would like to visit this unique summit with arrest.

sheila - Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am - Hasn't voted

No apologies

If it sounded like a threat when I informed you that Step Mountain is private property, well it is what it is. There has been an increasing problem with trespassers in the area. The littering and dangerous illegal campfires are also a serious problem. This is constructive information. The area is private property, owned by multiple individuals, so I can't provide you with names of "who to ask". There are 'No Trespassing' signs posted. The residents are tired of this problem and the police are frequently being called when trespassers are spotted. So hopefully this information is taken seriously as it is taken very seriously by the residents/owners.

Scott

Scott - Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No apologies

Sheila,

I am an administrator for this website and saw your post.

I decided to look into it since the current maintainer of the page hasn't logged in since last year. You are correct that the land is private property.

The entire parcel that covers the formation is owned by the Skaggs Catholic School LLC, DBA Juan Diego Catholic School.

Here is a screenshot I took of the parcel map:

Ownership Map

Anyway, since the maintainer of the page seems to be absent, I'll edit the page and say that the land is private with a photo displaying the private land boundaries and say that people shouldn't go there without permission.

I'll contact the Catholic School and see if they would rather just have the page deleted or if they give permission (which seems unlikely).

Thanks for bringing this up.

thigbee

thigbee - Apr 20, 2017 2:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No apologies

I honestly don't know how I became the owner of this page. I didn't create it, and the pictures aren't mine. Update away.

Scott

Scott - Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No apologies

OK sounds good. I can put this page in the orphanage for now.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Apr 21, 2017 1:13 pm - Hasn't voted

This sucks

I HATE private property...with an intense fiery burning passion!

IMO all land outside of specifically residentially zoned areas should be open for people to simply pass through.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Step Mountain, UT.' main page