Stok Kangri Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Apr 16, 2003 10:17 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Hello togian ,

I visited your page, and saw a lot of nice photos. Thank's so much.

And I voted some of your photos and Stock Kangri.

Please have a look at Four Girls Mountains page , and visit to the web-site as follows.

http://www.eastalps.com/scholaweb/conts.htm

If you have a chance to visit China, please come to Four Girls Mountains.

Keep in touch.

Kenzo

David Donaldson

David Donaldson - Nov 11, 2004 8:18 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

More details.

where does it start and a blow by blow outline to base camp and on to summit.

great photos.

admittedly most folks will hire a guide and porter in leh.......

alpenkalb

alpenkalb - Feb 20, 2005 4:14 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This rating is unjust and outrageous by a person who has nothing contributed so far.

rgreene

rgreene - May 31, 2005 9:06 am - Voted 5/10

Untitled Comment

Pretty good page, corrections below (will update rating after corrections):



- I believe the name is "Stok" (no c) Kangri

- In "About this area", plane availability should be updated (you can use planes to Leh year round)

- Leh altitude is 3505m (not 3800m)

- In getting to Leh, the air flight information is outdated. Now both India Air and Jet Airways provide daily (once/day) service between Delhi and Leh. (Jet goes to 2 flights/day during the summer months)



It might be worth noting that the town of Stok is closer to the start of the trek (in fact I think that's where you take the bus to before you start trek to basecamp). That town is big enough that you could get accomodations there instead of staying in Leh pre/post trip. As you noted the distance from Leh to Stok is short and takes about an hour by taxi/bus.



Bus service from Leh to Stok is daily at 8am, 2pm, and 4pm. Return trips from Stok to Leh are 30 minutes after arrival of the L->S bus plus 6:30pm.



Cheers.

togian

togian - Aug 24, 2005 1:52 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Many thanks for your comments and upgrades.

I've been there in 1996 so changes are most likely to happen over a decade, so I really appreciate any news from that region. Sorry for not responding earlier but I didn't visit summitpost.org for quite a while yet.

Regarding "Stok" or "Stock", I've actually seen both expressions but Stok seems to appear slightly more often. Anyway, I've already adjusted the page now with all of your valuable information. Thanks again for your help.

BigLee

BigLee - Mar 12, 2007 6:28 pm - Voted 9/10

Kashmere?

I think you mean Jammu and Kashmir!

dmiki

dmiki - Jul 15, 2007 11:52 am - Voted 8/10

A bit more detailed

route description would be appreciated.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Stok Kangri' main page