Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.60229°N / 117.17361°W
Additional Information County: Riverside
Activities Activities: Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

http://www.joshuatreevillage.com/515/nv.htm

bouldering
The Stony River Boulders are two large Boulders placed in the middle of The Orchards, a shopping center found in The Northern end of Murrieta, CA.
They both offer some fun little climbs and traverses. Some of the routs have some flaky rock but that is only due to them only recently being pulled out of the ground. Route information and rating are to come.
Ok they are not all that big or awesome but they are fun and right in town and make for a fast and easy climb for local Murrieta/Temecula climbers. the larger one is 15' high and the shorter is 10'. Don't forget your crash pad.

Getting There

Just get off on Clinton Keith Rd. from the I-215 Freeway and head West. Make your first Right on McElwain Rd. and then your first Right again into the Orchard's Shopping center. They are right next to the Dixie Line Hardware store.
Map of BouldersHere Is a Google Earth View of The Boulders

Red Tape

Recently they have had the road blocked due to work crews on occasion.
just watch for signs.

Camping

There are no camp grounds near these boulders but these Rocks are Half way between Big Rock (Lake Perris) and Poway. Camping is available at Perris Lake. Reservations can be obtained at Reserve America.http://www.reserveamerica.com/ There Are several Hotels in town as well.

External Links

Reserve America for Local Camping http://www.reserveamerica.com/
The Local Climbing Shop is located off of Rancho California Rd. A few exits down. Stop by and grab some chalk or whatever else you need. http://www.joshuatreevillage.com/515/nv.htm

Shopping

Since you are in the middle of a shopping center there is no need to go with ought luxury. Starbucks is just a stones throw away as well as Subway, Xtreene frozen Yogurt, Juice-It-Up, Target and Walgreen's.