Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Bart

Bart - Aug 27, 2007 4:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Good report

Glad to read that her guardian angels were paying attention! Thanks for sharing!

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 28, 2007 3:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good report

Thanks for your comment.

WoundedKnee

WoundedKnee - Aug 27, 2007 8:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report

Very scary and helpless to see a loved one in such a vulnerable position. Glad to hear everyone made it back OK!

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 28, 2007 3:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report

Yes really scary. Thank God it was just for a short period of time. Thanks for your comment and for voting.

Chris

Buz Groshong

Buz Groshong - Aug 28, 2007 2:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Report!

An excellent report with really nice pictures.

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 28, 2007 3:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Report!

Thanks a lot.

Koen

Koen - Aug 28, 2007 3:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Good

that you were alright. Earlier this year I witnessed an accident and it happens sometimes that that memory interferes with what I'm doing or feeling when I'm climbing.

I hope your wife still enjoys herself out there (and you too of course). Thanks for sharing.

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 28, 2007 3:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good

Thanks Koen. Witnessing something like that is not easy anyway. My wife had been to the alps again without any fear. Hard to believe.

Cheers

Chris

Little_Mole

Little_Mole - Aug 28, 2007 3:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Parallels

In early summer this year I wanted to make the Mittenwalder with my girlfriend too. When we arrived at the cable car we heard that at least 30 cm snow had fallen the night before. Even though we had no proper equipment for snow with us I was totally double-minded and seriously preferred to give it a try. But finally we decided to return and climb a lower mountain. Now I know why!
Thank you very much for sharing this dreadful experience and I wish you good luck on your future trips!
Cheers, Ulrich

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 29, 2007 1:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Parallels

Good choice, Ulrich, not to climb it. I think it is worth it when the conditions are really nice.

Chris

mvs

mvs - Aug 28, 2007 5:00 pm - Voted 10/10

wow

Glad she is ok! I had a difficult time there in spring of 2006 with some friends. We lost the route in the snow and had to return to the cable car station. We ended up going down the Dammkar which is okay if you aren't already too exhausted.

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 29, 2007 1:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

Seems like it was a hard start on Mittenwalder Höhenweg this year. Good to hear that you made it down the Dammkar. I think we were totally done, so it was not a real option to go on.

Chris

Ivona

Ivona - Aug 29, 2007 1:22 pm - Voted 10/10

it is very..

nice and exiting report!Thanks for sharing your feelings.Sometimes succesfull climbing isn't the most important thing.Returing back in proper time ad saving a life-this is professionalism.Your wife is very brave woman!! All the best for you and her.
Cheers
Iwona

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Aug 29, 2007 2:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: it is very..

Thanks a lot Iwona. I appreciate all the comments very much. I agree ith you that it sometimes is better to return instead of heading for the summit, but you seldomly know in what cases it was the better choice to return. After getting down to the valley most situations in the mountains does not look that severe they did before up on the hill.

Cheers

Chris

Vic Hanson

Vic Hanson - Oct 8, 2007 10:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Exciting report is right!

Thanks for sharing it Chris, so glad that you got down safely and that your wife still likes climbing. Good photos as well.

Praise God for Guardian Angels!

Vic

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Oct 9, 2007 3:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Exciting report is right!

Thanks, Vic.

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Straining our guardian angels' main page