Summit with Siguniang 4th...

Summit with Siguniang 4th...

Summit with Siguniang 4th sister behind Bob Keaty
BobK
on Oct 15, 2004 2:29 am
Image ID: 74004

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Oct 19, 2004 10:36 am - Voted 10/10

Nice shot!

Hello Bob!

By the view from the summit, the location of Banji Feng can be seen like the NE ridge of Mount Fattening Sheep Plateau (Yangmantai). Did you see a big frozen lake (around 4500m) under the left hand side? Please make me sure.

Cheers for your lot of great photo!

BobK

BobK - Oct 19, 2004 11:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice shot!

Kenzo,



Yes we saw two large lakes. One to the south and one directly east. I have a question, is YangmanTai's west face the huge pyramid with a glacier in a col to the east? I only saw this from Bipeng valley in a brief clearing in the fog.



Also, on a map of Bipeng, the two highest peaks are named NuiHuang (empress) and Taizi (crown prince). Have you head these two names used from the Rilong side?



Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Oct 20, 2004 1:13 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice shot!

The lake which you saw directly east will be "Dashuihaizi (Lake Big Water)".

And the lake which you saw south will not be lake, but one of the wide terrace on mountain side.

I visited around Lake Big Water to taking a photo of the northeast face of Fourth Girl in 2000.

I am not sure for the Chinese name "NuiHuang" and "Taizi" now.

I ask to local people these name when I come back to Rilong Town, and inform you.

From several years before, the mountaineer who visit to Bipeng Valley via Long Terrace Valley increased.

They employ a packhorse driver in Long Terrace Valley and go to Bipeng Valley.

Some of these packhorse driver will be know for the "NuiHuang" and "Taizi".

Viewing: 1-3 of 3