Sunrise Book Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
AJones

AJones - Jan 1, 2008 5:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Hey!

I was just looking through my climbing magazine (#204) that has topos from the Perch (as I just did a write up for Astro Elephant for SP) and I noticed that the topo in the climbing magazine calls the second pitch of the Sunrise Book 5.10/A0 or 5.12. This seems right to me, as I thought there was a very hard move on that pitch (5.10ish). The same topo also calls the third pitch 5.10 (as well as the fourth). Thought I'd pass that along. Cheers!

rpc

rpc - Jan 7, 2008 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey!

AJones,
sorry for my slow response. Good info! If my memory serves, I think I found P1 to be harder than the P2 (...I mean the freeable lower portion of P2 I'm talking about)....in fact I know I did since I took a good 15-footer on P1 (bit off route :) ). But it's good to have additional perspective on things for sure!

I will add it to the route page. I knew that Climbing had a Sawtooths issue but I have not seen it - any other gems in that issue from the area?
Thank you and cheers.

AJones

AJones - Jan 7, 2008 11:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hey!

Yes, it's a really good issue - sort of a mini-guide to all of the good routes, with topos. We basically used the topos on all the climbs we did. Well worth picking it up if you can. If you can't I can always fax you the article.

rpc

rpc - Jan 8, 2008 12:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey!

AJones, thank you very much for your kind offer! I'd love to get a copy of that article if you'd be willing to go through the trouble. I will pm you with a fax # if that is OK. Thank you so much again!!
RAdek

AJones

AJones - Jan 8, 2008 3:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hey!

Sounds good - PM me your fax number.

Aaron

rpc

rpc - Jan 8, 2008 4:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey!

Aaron,

I have sent you a pm with the information. Thank you VERY MUCH for your very generous offer! Kind regards,
Radek

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Sunrise Book' main page