Sunshine Wall Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Scott Dusek

Scott Dusek - Apr 19, 2006 12:15 am - Hasn't voted

The Chossmaster

100'
14 clips
5.7

This is a fun and easy climb left of the King Pins. Climb up the face or get into the crack. Be ready to make all left handed clips on the first part and then all right handed clips on the second part. There is a large ledge in the middle of the route. There are rappel chains at the ledge and at the top of the climb. This route is commonly used a rappel station.

Scott Dusek

Scott Dusek - Apr 19, 2006 12:19 am - Hasn't voted

Vantage Point

80'
11 clips
5.8

An excellent climb at the King Pins on the Sunshine wall. This route sticks out farther from the rest of the wall than the other climbs at the King Pins, giving it an airy feeling and amazing view.

Climb up to the belay lege (~15' off the main trail). The first clip is unusually low for vantage so you enjoy being immediately protected. Climb left out onto the arete up good holds all the way to the finish. The crux comes ~8' bellow the top anchors when the route goes a little blank, either make a very powerfull move beyond this or traverse to the right to better holds. Great route. Has rappel chains at the top.

Scott Dusek

Scott Dusek - Apr 19, 2006 12:22 am - Hasn't voted

Clip 'Em or Skip 'Em

75'
12 clips (all with you right hand)
5.8

A fun beginner climb at the King Pins, Sunshine Wall. The route is left of air guitar about 10'. Take the staircase up to the top, 12 clips and every single one is with your right hand. Beautiful climb, not quite as good as Vantage Pt., so great to hop on if you're waiting for that route. Rappel chains at the top.

baloodh2000

baloodh2000 - Mar 2, 2009 12:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Steel Grill

The bottom is thin hands not fingers. The top is about a move and a half worth of fingers. Opens up to thin hands though really quickly. What a great climb! Stiff for the grade. Pigeons for heart rate!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Sunshine Wall' main page