Tequila Mockingbird

Tequila Mockingbird

Cutting loose on the 1st pitch of "Tequila Mockingbird" (perhaps a bit dramatic for this easy route)
BERGFURHER
on Apr 11, 2007 3:19 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 284551

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Diggler

Diggler - Apr 13, 2007 3:24 pm - Hasn't voted

you must really trust your belayer

...to have them take a photo of you whilst dangling on a no-foothold move (& only 1 piece of pro' between you & the ground)!

BERGFURHER

BERGFURHER - Apr 16, 2007 12:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: you must really trust your belayer

Yes do. He is my nephew, now living in Colorado climbing 5.12 trad and truly experiancing his freedom in the mountains.
I taught him how to climb at the Gunks when he was 14. He is safe and prudent.
Thanks

Diggler

Diggler - Apr 16, 2007 5:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: you must really trust your belayer

I took a fall at Smith a few years ago. My girlfriend at the time was belaying me from below (1st pitch). My closest piece of pro' (a well-placed nut) blew as I came down; my next piece held, but since we hadn't anchored her, she came up as I fell. I ended up hitting the ground. Luckily my first piece absorbed a good amount of energy before it gave, so when I finally landed there wasn't much force in the fall. The obvious mistake was not anchoring her (she was much smaller than I). Her lead level was irrespective; as a belayer, that doesn't change the physics of a potential fall whatsoever. Colorado is a great place.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3