Viewing: 1-12 of 12
gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 1, 2010 9:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks Greg

You picked an awesome peak for yesterday. Middle C turned out to be one of my best winter climbs ever. I had a lot fun and we all made a strong team.

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 1, 2010 9:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks Greg

Thanks bro. You have some incredible shots here!!

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 2, 2010 5:38 pm - Voted 10/10

A marvelous trip report!

Dear EastKing, dear gimpilator, thanks for posting this lovely report of what must have been a really fantastic day for both of you! The photos are just superb - I enjoyed every one of them!
Many greetings and best wishes,
Eric

gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 3, 2010 12:38 am - Voted 10/10

Re: A marvelous trip report!

Maurice, It was a fantastic day! I appreciate you kind comments. Thank you, Adam

calebEOC

calebEOC - Mar 2, 2010 9:49 pm - Voted 10/10

nice pictures

Looks like a fun trip guys, well done.

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 2, 2010 11:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nice pictures

Thank you! It was the best winter ascent I have done in the Cascades thus far. I hope to get Eldorado though in the near future.

TimmyC

TimmyC - Mar 6, 2010 2:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: nice pictures

Total agreement on the photos. Lovely shots, lovely day!

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis - Mar 3, 2010 9:54 pm - Voted 10/10

snowshoes

Keep in mind that during the day the sun melts the snow so the conditions you went up in are not going to be the same conditions you come down with. For this reason I kept my snow shoes on until I got to the road. By this point the snow had frozen again and I removed my snowshoes.

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 7, 2010 11:10 am - Voted 10/10

Really enjoyed this!

I loved the pictures too!

Keep forgetting to write and let you know that we actually have a few things in common, Eastking!

---We graduated from the same college (albeit quite a few years apart!) with the same major!
---I worked in the Montgomery County Public School System until a couple of years ago and actually spent lots of time at your high school training staff in the 80's and 90's so our paths may have even crossed!
---And even at my age I still love riding those coasters!

Always enjoy your pictures and reports in your western location!
Kathy

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 7, 2010 10:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Really enjoyed this!

Thank you for your vote. I sent you a PM. You might know who am from that PM.

Holk

Holk - Mar 8, 2010 2:58 am - Hasn't voted

Makin' Me Antsy

Thanks for sharing the day. I enjoyed reading Josh's report as well. I'm looking forward to getting out that way sometime soon, but will likely head back into the Thielsen/Howlock/Diamond Peak area first.

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 9, 2010 1:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Makin' Me Antsy

There are a lot of climbs right now that are looking good for the next month in Washington. Eldorado, St. Helens, and Mount Baker are all looking very good right now!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'The Battle to Summit North and Middle Chiwaukum' main page