Welcome to SP!  -

The Castle of Landsee/Lánzsér

 
[ Sizes: Orig | Large | Med | Small | Thumb ]
The Castle of Landsee/Lánzsér
One of the towers of the Castle of Landsee/Lánzsér on the 4th highest hill (627 m) in the Landseer Gebirge/Lánzséri-hegység. The castle was founded in the 12th century, and by time it was developed as the biggest fortress on the border of Hungary and Austria. It collapsed and was abandoned in 1790, after a fire. For most of its long history it belonged to Hungary

Comments

No comments posted yet.





Rate This Image
Current Score: 75.81

Log In To Vote
Image Data
SzaniUherkovichSubmitted by SzaniUherkovich
on Jul 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Image ID: 640012
Hits: 1115 
Lat/Lon: 47.56287°N / 16.35008°E
Object Title: The Castle of Landsee/Lánzsér

Image Type(s): Hiking