The ever eye pleasing...

The ever eye pleasing...

The ever eye pleasing panarama of Courtright Reservoir. Locke Dome on the left (background) and Voyager Dome on the right (foreground). As a side note, the rock island located in the reservoir (aka Lady Of The Lake Dome) has a couple top rope climbs on the southern side facing the spillway (l. 'Reach The Beach (5.8), c. Octopus's Garden (5.10b), r. Pirates Dream (5.8), all placed in Sept 2002 by Dave Daly. These are best climbed when the water level has dropped late in the season.
Dave Daly
on Mar 26, 2003 9:01 am
Image ID: 18669

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Oct 10, 2003 11:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful California mountain!

Thanks for posting.

Guyzo

Guyzo - Sep 21, 2009 1:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Are you sure?

Dave, I knew an Irishman who climbed, on lead, about 5 climbs right there. A fun little beach, no.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Sep 29, 2009 9:29 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Are you sure?

Sure it wasn't an Englishman named "Loomis" now would it? I honestly can't comprehend how some people will come out of the wood work and claim FA's years later when they never document it or pass it on to other people. Granted, the "island" is nothing of great significance....now Power Dome or Trapper has higher value to those visiting the reservoir. For me, if you don't document....you didn't FA it. Who's to say what line (ie start, moves, finish) both these dudes claim.

Guyzo

Guyzo - Jan 26, 2010 3:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Are you sure?

The value of clean climbing. You leave it for others to enjoy just the way you found it. Jim Crowley never placed any bolts and didn't turn in anything..... cheers. Scott was on the lam up there.... if he did FA those he told G.Vernon.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4