The Glasfels as seen from his base ...

The Glasfels as seen from his base ...

The Glasfels is one of the most known climbing-rocks, in all the Glasental valley ! This picturesque rock (pink sandstone), is composed of two separated towers (well known for climbing). Between the to towers, you find a very large and deep failure, from where you can reach the two summits of the towers. On this picture, on your left hand, you can see the small Schlemmerturm, and on your other hand (right), you can see the big Neyturm (this one is the site, for the breeding of the peregrine falcon). On the sandstone's walls, very high situated, you can know white tasks (fly specks of peregrines falcons ! ). It means so, that the Glasfels can be closed to the public, in a period situated between begin february and end july maximal ! For protecting and respecting the breeding of the peregrine falcon ... So, be cautious to not disturb this wild bird during this period, and equally, don't daring to penetrate the site (you will so be punished, with a very strong money fine ! ). The height of the higher tower is approching the 50 meters, although ! Not bad ... The righter tower is so higher than the lefter ! Have a good luck and a big pleasure, when you will, maybe a day, climb this beautiful rock ! You will be very surprised and impressived ! Experts speaks ...
Krysto
on Sep 2, 2007 3:27 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 331760

Comments

No comments posted yet.