The Lämmerfels as seen from the neary Büttelfels !

The Lämmerfels as seen from the neary Büttelfels !

The Lämmerfels is certainly one of my favourite rocks of all the Palatinate sector ! Of course, baby ... This giant and very erected rock has a very long size, with almost 400 meters, without any interruption ! There are too much climbing-towers (the most known is the Theoturm), and there is only one summit which can been easely reached from the north side of the sandstone's walls (difficulty of 1). From this central summit, you will have an exceptionnal and dreamy round-panorama (360 ° ! ), into the Wieslauter valley with the city of Dahn ! Too much rocks are visible from here, like : Wachtfels, Blitzfels, Durstigfels, Jungfernsprung, Römerfels, Hochstein, Galgenfels, ... Equally, you can see many wooded summits, with the highest of them : the Eyberg and his 513 meters of altitude (the higher local-summit ! ). The others are : Hochberg, Schützenberg, Rauhberg, Dickenberg, Jüngstberg, Sorgenberg, Gersterberg, Kauertberg, Vogelsberg, Winterberg, and more ! The Lämmerfels is an atomical climbing-rock, which is well loved by the experimented and extreme- climbers (maximal difficulty of 10 ! ) ... The site is excellently visible from the valley and from the city of Dahn ! The access is easy enough, with several good marked paths : a good thing ! The erosions and the forms of the rocky formation are very picturesque ! The vegetation is very rich, good preserved and savage at the summit ! Personnaly, the Lämmerfels was and is forever for the moment, one of my best " rocks-visits " ! Congratulations Lämmerfels, I love you !!!
Krysto
on Aug 27, 2007 4:58 pm
Image Type(s): Panorama
Image ID: 329614

Comments

No comments posted yet.