The old military observatory of Falkenberg

The old military observatory of Falkenberg

Have a little look on this picture, please. This new photo, coming direct from the Northern Vosges, in the department of Moselle, is showing you, the access for reaching the summit of the rock ! From thereover, you will discover a magnificient panorama, with a totally surrounded vision ... You can reach the summit of this rock, with the help of a metallic ladder. This one was at the origin, created for establishing a military observatory, during the second World-War (dates : 1939 / 1945) ! The place was very strategical, perfect for having a total control of the region ! Actually, the site offers to you, still a magnificient panorama and it's so the main fact, that the Falkenberg attires too much hikers and climbers ... The site is a little dangerous to penetrate, but the visit will be very interesting. The site is normally forbidden to the public, but if you are very quiet and professionnal in your approach of the site, your visit will be a great success ... The peregrine falcon is not breeding here, and so, we can't understand clearly, why is the Falkenberg closed to the public ... It's a big fault, a total stupidity, of our forestians bosses ! The Falkenberg don't have, never, to disappear and to dead ! The site is magical, atomical and must absolutely been preserved and valorised ...
Kikee
on Feb 9, 2008 7:40 am
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 379398

Comments

No comments posted yet.