The

The "other" side of Whitetail...

The "other" side of Whitetail peak, the southwest side. Photo taken from near Sky Pilot Lake. The visible couloir on this side meets the whitetail couloir at the notch just below the summit. August 2004.
bakcast
on Aug 22, 2004 9:47 pm
Image ID: 66340

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Diggler

Diggler - Jan 4, 2005 1:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Gone up that couloir?

Looks like it'd be a sweet spring climb!

bakcast

bakcast - Feb 4, 2005 1:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gone up that couloir?

No sir I have not, but the Whitetail couloir is on the other side of the mountain and it is climbed relatively frequently. I hear a couple of crazy people on SP are planning a ski descent this winter (if it ever snows....).



I seriuosly doubt that this side has been climbed.

bakcast

bakcast - Feb 9, 2005 12:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gone up that couloir?

Shows what I know...its a pretty remote area once you get past second rock lake. No sign of people whatsoever. Care to share what he told you about the route? I assume it doesn't hold snow as well as the other side?



bakcast

bakcast - Feb 16, 2005 1:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gone up that couloir?

Very True....and precisely the reason I like climbing the Beartooths. Although the Beartooths probably have more information on-line and in guide books than many of the other MT ranges combined. Which is an even better reason to have an adventure in say, the Gravely, Swan or Snowcrest ranges.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4