The Spray (5.13a)

The Spray (5.13a)

Ander mid-route on his 13a project in Eleven Mile Canyon. It was a chilly day and the upper holds were iced over, so the route did not go. I'm sure he'll get it soon though! 1-26-08.
Dan Dalton
on Jan 27, 2008 3:23 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 376118

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
marlonwarren

marlonwarren - Jan 28, 2008 3:42 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent perspective!

Dan what a cool photo. This has it all, rockface, snow, trees
and beautiful blue sky. Yea winter can beautiful, but cold.

cheers
marlon

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Jan 28, 2008 7:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent perspective!

Thanks, it was a really great day, and for some reason the Colorado sky was particularly blue. Very beautiful, but definately cold, especially later in the day!

Dan

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Feb 11, 2008 8:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: you still...

Ok, well, you see how overhung the route is? When he is lowered, he goes straight down, so in order to clean the route he has to pull himself in to the wall to get the quickdraws. Usually this is done by grabbing a draw and clipping your harness and the other side of the rope, however Ander chose to use his hands. This is not really a problem, except that when doing this, you have a lot of slack in the rope. Near the bottom Ander let go of the rope and the excess slack was enough for him to fall 8-10feet and deck, hitting his back and then head on the rocks below. Fun times! Luckily Steve-O and I were there to take care of it.

Dan

Viewing: 1-3 of 3