The wooden church (reformed) in Takos, Hungary

The wooden church (reformed) in Takos, Hungary

The wooden church (reformed) in Takos, Hungary
visentin
on Mar 3, 2009 7:10 am
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Informational,  Scenery
Image ID: 494676

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-11 of 11
yatsek

yatsek - Mar 3, 2009 11:00 am - Voted 10/10

Sorry

I have detached your Hungarian submissions - such as this pretty church in Tákos, just about 40 miles away from the mountains - from the Carpathian album. Sorry, I'm just doing my job - guarding the border - like my ancestors might have (it's not impossible that I've inherited some Szekler genes:D)

visentin

visentin - Mar 3, 2009 4:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sorry

As far as I remember the very first hillets with wineyards and sunflowers were not so far :) And the Tornakápolna houses you attached are from a region just a bit more hilly, just a bit :)... As you want...
In my opinion your eviction of these items is a bit severe... they gave a nice look to your album, and such architecture is not found anywhere else in the heart of the plain, only in these regions close to the Carpathian piedmont...

yatsek

yatsek - Mar 3, 2009 6:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Sorry

You're right Sir - that was harsh. I was doing it with a pain in my heart - no joking here - but I'm afraid the police, border police or frontier guards are supposed to do unpleasant things to other people; that's why most people don't like them, that is to say us:(( And it's not the police's/soldiers' job to decide where the borderline should be drawn. But it has to be drawn somewhere so we won't end up in the ocean depths surrounded by dolphins like the lost continent of Atlantis. On the other hands, nobody actually objects to cliffs by the sea or sea stacs (sort of towers sticking out water just a bit off the coast).

The real problem is that the world seems to have gone to the dogs, and the SP world to the cats as well, and no elves seem to be willing to get things back to normal.

Talking of Tornakápolna, I told you about my doubts, but you're a gyula (sort of comte) there, and you're responsible for that part of the SP world. But AFAIK Aggtelek is still regarded as part of the Inner Carpathians (that's why I'd keep them if I were you) while today's NE end of Hungary is not, just like Kraków isn't either.

As far as the Hungarian churches are concerned, so as not to bother our elfin overlords with such petty details, I think I'll ask the Hungarian king to settle the problem and will let you know if I allow them to enjoy our mountainous world. I hope we stay friends even though we have to draw our weapons at the Iron Gate, or at the other end of Pannonia - rapier against sabre...



yatsek

yatsek - Mar 4, 2009 5:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Sorry

Things have changed!!! Your petition was successful and your NE Hungarian churches have been granted a special privilege.

HansG

HansG - Mar 4, 2009 6:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sorry

I see that two little boys make his own world :)

yatsek

yatsek - Mar 4, 2009 7:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Sorry

We haven't built the churches. Nor did we create the area's history And the problem is pretty serious.

visentin

visentin - Mar 5, 2009 2:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sorry

To HansG: Yes, I agree this is a bit less exciting than ski trips to Żelazna Brama and so on... But I prepare another article which I hope all Taterniks will enjoy :)

To Yatsek: thanks for reincluding them ! In my opinion it is not about the distance which separates these items from the mountains neither the civilisation they come from (besides the fact that hungarian-romanian as well as hungarian-slovakian relations have always been boisterous...)
The most imporant seems for me that the carpentry handcraft which erected them is more or less connected with the wooden carpentry handcraft of the Carpathians. For example, if such churches existed all over the Pannonian bassin, I would agree with your first decision of detaching them.
Perhaps you should review your criterias of admission of wooden objects in a less "mathematical" way ! ;)

HansG

HansG - Mar 5, 2009 5:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sorry

That wa only joke:) Seriously, i think that You make good job, and i'm interested in promotion of Carpathian heritage and promotion of polish mountains.

yatsek

yatsek - Mar 5, 2009 11:11 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Sorry

As long as not too many come (or if they're all kept in Zakopane:)) I guess

yatsek

yatsek - Mar 5, 2009 4:06 am - Voted 10/10

To Eric

I must say - hand on my heart - I really like such an approach. Actually, you were granted your privilege on similar grounds:). On SP there are quite a few pix of e.g. accomplished climbers outside the mountains. Nobody complains about this sort of stuff.

As to the churches, one problem is (I know next to knothing of architecture) whether or not this style, which looks "mountainous/Carpathian" to us isn't just the wooden Gothic you can still find, e.g. in the park opposite Wrocław Zoo (AFAIR it was first erected in Upper Silesia.)

yatsek

yatsek - Mar 5, 2009 4:15 am - Voted 10/10

To HansG and Eric

My stand on laws (I just wonder, HansG, what a Polish lawyer thinks:)) is that - first and foremost - they must be clear. This doesn't mean that I'll never break them but that'll be decided by my conscience, and I'm aware I will/can be prosecuted:)

Viewing: 1-11 of 11