Viewing: 1-10 of 10
KeithN

KeithN - Dec 12, 2012 5:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Maybe

I should try breaking my leg, I might end up climbing harder. Glad the children are well; seeing your child seriously ill is a worse feeling than any run-out.

ywardhorner

ywardhorner - Dec 16, 2012 10:24 am - Voted 10/10

Wow

hope things go better for you from now on!

CClaude

CClaude - Dec 16, 2012 12:45 pm - Hasn't voted

As Chief said....

Life will have its highs and lows irregardless of what we do....in my opinion, the lows are only as bad as how we view them. Something to be embrassed as a part of life, a challange or something that rules our life, our choice....

CClaude

CClaude - Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Perspective

I also figure during rough tiwmes, perspective is golden. Breaking my leg/ having knee surgery/ getting divorsed was nothing compared to having my daughter go blind and the other stop breathing. Compare this to whT happened in Sandy Point Ct this last week.... You need to feel thankful for the cards you are given....

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Dec 16, 2012 6:19 pm - Hasn't voted

good wishes

We've had some disagreements, but I wish you well. Life is not meant for sissies, and you certainly don't seem like a sissy. Nothing gives one a greater appreciation for life, than watching life fade on the horizon, then come back within grasp.

CClaude

CClaude - Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm - Hasn't voted

MoapaPk

Totally agree... Fan of the Helan Keller quote of"Life is a wild adventure or nothing at all"... As for disagreeing. Hell, if we all agreed life would be absolutely boring or living in a fundementalist ( add you least favorite religion here) state

Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M. - Dec 17, 2012 1:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Great write up

Some silly quote from Rocky movies could be appropriate here: "But it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." I love this quote personally. Good luck with your daughter's and own health as well as climbing goals.

NW

NW - Dec 18, 2012 7:46 am - Voted 10/10

Wow

that is quite the year. When your girls grow up they will be able to look back though and remember that you didn't give up when met with adversities and they will respect you for it. It will be a good example for them and give them strength to push on in their adult years. I find that climbing really helps me cope with the problems of everyday life as well. It's a way of clearing you head and letting off the stress. In my household, I have diabetes and my daughter was diagnosed when she was 4. It is my belief that, while I love it and so it benefits me, it also show her that she doesn't have to let her illness hold her back. So good job keeping at it and good article.

Fletch

Fletch - Dec 18, 2012 1:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent TR

Wish I could vote 11. CC, it's good to see there are folks like you out there. Nicely done.

CClaude

CClaude - Dec 20, 2012 9:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks....

NW....i admire the example you are setting for your daughter on thriving with diabetes. I study vascular disease and understand the implications of it. To show your daughter to be active is the best example.

Fletch...,thanks. I find most people around me to be inspirations on being a better person. On this site, i find inspiration in Parofes. To live with something unknown, and then the known on a day to day basis is hard. To thrive with it is heroic....

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'The year of the Phoenix' main page