Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 6, 2015
Activities Activities: Hiking

Timm's Hill (Wisconsin) HP #22

On Wisconsin!  My homeland and sweet land of cheese curds, the Packers and New Glarus Brewing Company's "Spotted Cow" (Not to mention "Culvers" where we literally ate 3 times in a row during our midwest stretch.  Timm's Hill is typical Wisconsin.  Charming, scenic, warm and awesome.  The paved road to the watch tower is under a tree canopy that would make Laura Engalls Wilder squeal "yay, pa!" with delight if she ever saw this.  While it was a little rainy and foggy and thus the view from the top wasn't as significant as it could be on a cloudless day, we basked in the glory that is 13 world championships and the knowledge we still have about 8 years left in the Aaron Rodgers era.  We shot our summit video with the Wisconsin Badgers fight song playing the background and our spirits were as high as the two time defending big ten Men's basketball champions.  While Wisconsin may not have 14,000 foot peaks or the need for ice axes, supplemental oxygen or protection ropes, my good gravy does Wisconsin have class.  There was a charming little bed and breakfast across the lake and we stopped for coffee.  The place was closed but the little old lady poured us a cup of coffee anyways and sent us off on our way.  God bless Wisconsin!

Comments

No comments posted yet.