Tipsoo Peak Comments

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Over 8K and I haven't heard of it before - interesting!

Nice job.

ps how did your ankle hold up in Tuolumne? read your Lassen summit log - sounded pretty painful.
Posted Aug 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks for the vote. I would never have known about this one without Sullivan's book.

Lassen was a nightmare. Then took 2 days off. Conness went fine (wore different shoes) as was Lembert (rest day between), then two more rest days and did Tipsoo without problems. Trick is getting those rest days in for me. Will be a while for me on the recovery though. So.......slow..................

I did however have time to play with the digicam and I ordered a home computer now so in a couple weeks I should have LOTS of Yosemite pix to submit.

Nice job on Thomson and Ogre. Pix looked fun!
Posted Aug 20, 2003 1:41 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks.

We've also been "testing" Shirley's ankle slowly on progressively harder stuff. Though last weekend we really kicked into full gear (Sat. did the approach hike for Triumph; Sun. did Thomson...lots of miles). So far seems to be OK. That Cosmic Wall climb was a load of fun - think it's a nice choice for you to lead (just sikp the summit chimney & take the ridge).

So what's on the burner for this weekend Brian? For us - food and alcohol as we're flying back to NJ for a wedding.

later.
Posted Aug 20, 2003 5:48 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Ha, sounds nice. I am going to try to get back into it full swing. If the weather cooperates (and it's not supposed to) - Mt. Forgotten on Saturday and Beacon Rock on Sunday. We'll see though. Enjoy the mountains of Jersey! :- ) (it's not that far from Katahdin you know)
Posted Aug 20, 2003 7:42 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice - make sure you add Beacon if you get to do it - definitely a monkey on my back for sometime later in the fall this year.

Yeah, the thought of climbing something in NJ or NE did occur to me (yes, it's a brief visit....get there 11am Friday, attend a wedding, supervise consumation ceremony, fly out Sunday 5pm...........plenty of time for SOMETHING! :) ).

We'll see though - just might give my stomach and liver a good work out.

Later.
Posted Aug 21, 2003 11:12 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like a mellow peak in the forest. Good place to visit if in the vicinity of Mt. Thielsen or Crater Lake. Camping and hiking possibilities abound.
Posted Sep 15, 2003 10:27 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks. It was alot easier than I thought it would be. Decided to do this one on the drive back from Yosemite when I was sore and tired. :- ) Had some great views though.
Posted Sep 15, 2003 11:39 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Nice work ... I didn't expect to find this one on SP. I test your directions this weekend. - Cory
Posted Sep 22, 2003 11:07 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Ha ha. This one is much easier than Mt. Bailey to get to. There was a fallen tree in the road about 6 weeks ago when I did this one. Easy to drive over in a truck though. Have fun. Nice easy trail and great views of Thielsen from a direction not alot of people get to see. Enjoy.
Posted Sep 22, 2003 5:15 pm