To Hell & South Fork and Back

To Hell & South Fork and Back

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 16, 2012
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

A Salute to the Kang

So my best friend Chris and I decided to do a hike to salute the Kang of equal rights (Martin Luther Jr.) by hiking the Devils Chair in Angeles forest. Chris is an old Air Force buddy that I was stationed with in Germany for 3 years. He got out and works for the Sheriff's Dept now, but we love to hang when we get the chance. We started off @ 1030 and finished at 1500. We took the Devils Chair Trail all the way to the Chair then hit the South Fork Trail on the way back. We went to the bottom of South Fork where there was a creek bed and ventured off trail for a bit before we sat down to eat lunch and remember the good ole days in Deutschland. Total miles traveled with my BF Chris and newly adopted GSP was 9.2 miles out and back. Here are the pics of our cool adventure. Devils Punchbowl is truly awesome and repeat visits are in order!!

*Pictures were taken with my Android phone*

Let the adventure Begin

Devils Punch Bowl, CA
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair
Devils Chair

End Game

I would highly advise anyone in the surronding LA area to get out and explore the Punchbowl Park. It's free and they have so many trails marked and unmarked, you could spend all day exploring. They also have two really cool info buildings with snakes, bees, ants, owls, scorpions, and other creatures alive and stuffed. This will not be the last time we come to this gorgeous park.

Comments

No comments posted yet.